SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or as I call it on another forum, "The Road to Exeter".

If you're not familiar, it's in July at the Sig Training Academy. P365s only. Divisions are: Stock P365, Stock P365XL, Carry Optics and Open. I'm going with the Stock XL division.

Anybody else?

(And before you remind me the Sig Academy is in Epping, not Exeter, I'll point out that it's located on Exeter Rd, so my meme stands.)

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,304 Posts
Sounds like a blast.

Reactions: hauki

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Wow, sounds cool. Is there information on Sig's website? I'll go take a look before I bombard you with questions. Thanks.

·
2,636 Posts
Or as I call it on another forum, "The Road to Exeter".

If you're not familiar, it's in July at the Sig Training Academy. P365s only. Divisions are: Stock P365, Stock P365XL, Carry Optics and Open. I'm going with the Stock XL division.

Anybody else?

(And before you remind me the Sig Academy is in Epping, not Exeter, I'll point out that it's located on Exeter Rd, so my meme stands.)
I saw a few people I have shot Steel Challenge with have signed up, but this is the first I've heard of the match. It will be interesting to see how they deal with the word Stock. I don't think I'll be signing up, but I'd make sure I only had Sig stuff on my 365 just in case they consider any aftermarket items as a modification and I'd end up shooting in Open. I'd be interested in the Carry Optics division, but again, if i leave my Armory Craft trigger on it, will I be put in Open?

Good luck - I see the squads are filling up quite fast. What day are you interested in?

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
478 Posts
Oh, man -- that's tempting...I'm only an hour from Exeter. It's been 10+ years since I shot in a match, though -- and that was USPSA, not IDPA.

Hmm....

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
2,636 Posts
One of the interesting things I see about the match is there's no power factor which leads me to believe Sig is doing everything it can to make this a fun match.

·
Registered
478 Posts
What the heck -- I'm in! Squad 34!

Reactions: jkallner

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oh, man -- that's tempting...I'm only an hour from Exeter. It's been 10+ years since I shot in a match, though -- and that was USPSA, not IDPA.

Hmm....
The match is using USPSA scoring but the rules are only based on that agency but not strictly following them exactly.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Without an optic most likely the Production Div. with the other 365's.
But in this competition, they aren't using the traditional IDPA categories. They have specific categories for P365 and P365XL. That leaves the P365X kind of in limbo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Squad 32.

Yes, there are things to be determined. I'm getting more the sense that it'll be IDPAish stages and procedures.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts