SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the rear sight on my P229 Legion 40 is winking at me.... that is to say, the left tritium dot is dead, black, not glowing, nada.... Bought the gun new about 4 months ago.

Called Sig CS yesterday afternoon and after a 25 minute hold (to be fair, they warned of such on the recording) I got the CS Rep and two minutes later it was resolved. Damn him for being so accommodating and pleasant. I gave him my SN and he offered two solutions. He would send me a return shipping label to send the slide in and they would replace it or they would send me a new rear sight and I could have it replaced. I chose the latter. Got the order confirmation from Sig last night.

First interaction with Sig CS, I am impressed. Pinged my FFL/Gunsmith and he said it would take about 10 minutes or less and a nominal charge that I am happy to pay to keep the gun home.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
In my past dealings with SIG.....sounds very typical.....always great!

Reactions: Doons

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I agree, Sig CS is pretty good. Been a little disappointed a couple of times, but mostly pretty happy with them. But I always say the best warranty is the one you don't need. I've had to call them many times over the 3 or so years I've been buying Sig's. Far too many times, IMO.

·
Banned
597 Posts
So the rear sight on my P229 Legion 40 is winking at me.... that is to say, the left tritium dot is dead, black, not glowing, nada.... Bought the gun new about 4 months ago.

Called Sig CS yesterday afternoon and after a 25 minute hold (to be fair, they warned of such on the recording) I got the CS Rep and two minutes later it was resolved. Damn him for being so accommodating and pleasant. I gave him my SN and he offered two solutions. He would send me a return shipping label to send the slide in and they would replace it or they would send me a new rear sight and I could have it replaced. I chose the latter. Got the order confirmation from Sig last night.

First interaction with Sig CS, I am impressed. Pinged my FFL/Gunsmith and he said it would take about 10 minutes or less and a nominal charge that I am happy to pay to keep the gun home.
What would it have cost them to do it right the first time? Answer: less. Giving away barrels or offering to pay for mistakes costs money. Guess who really pays for their mistakes and the cost of CS reps.? All of us.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
I'm glad you have had a positive experience.

After owning Sigs for years, I am having to use their customer service for the first time, to send in a pistol that did not have proper slide/frame fitting, and I have not been impressed at all. In fact, this experience is honestly causing me to question whether I would purchase another Sig.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Just curious, what was the born on date? Also, was the sight ok when you originally bought it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious, what was the born on date? Also, was the sight ok when you originally bought it?
Not sure of mfg date? Yes, it was working fine and then it wasn’t... doa....

Sig CS said they are warrantied for 3 years.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Reactions: Hammer

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
What would it have cost them to do it right the first time? Answer: less. Giving away barrels or offering to pay for mistakes costs money. Guess who really pays for their mistakes and the cost of CS reps.? All of us.
The OP’s sight was was working and then stopped. Sig had it right the first time but after four months, it quit working.

There’s nothing wrong with Sig on that instance. Tritium sights go bad even trijicon’s which are known for their durability and reliability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts