SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Sig Custom Works Spectre Series

6K views 43 replies 31 participants last post by  RDS40 
#1 ·
Two models being released in Spectre Series are P320 XCompact, and P365XL.
Product Info

#6 ·
This kind of reminds me of Sig from few years ago, when they kept coming up with new gun every week: titanium slide, titanium reversed, titanium rainbow, rainbow titanium reversed, stainless rainbow, rainbow stainless titanium 2-tone....

I wish they would just concentrate on producing backlogged guns vs. coming up with "new" guns. I've been waiting for the ordered MCX pistol for 8 months!

#13 ·
Seems as if sig is more about producing esoteric "things" vs a weapon. Needing a boutique weapon to demonstrate knowledge of weaponology is like needing a vasectomy to demonstrate your a male or having a five o'clock shadow to look like an operator.

#15 · (Edited)
Sig has been making different color, pistol of the week guns well before Germany stopped shipping guns.. It’s well known this is what they do and it’s nothing new.

There has been the LE/Mil side of the business and then there has been the consumer side. They create different versions of guns so they can sell the ”new hotness” and people will want it. There marketing department has reached into the parts bin and played with the legos changing colors and selling for a higher price.

#17 ·
Look through the catalogs of previous years. SIG used to have TONS of designs. They were constantly coming out with new styles and making them available across their product line.
Right now, SIG's lineup has nothing compared to what they used to offer.

#21 ·
Another new P320 variant that again makes me think that SIG should first make a better effort catch up with parts support for their existing P320 models. For example; here is one that I have never seen in stock (anywhere)

Maybe the reason that there are no product reviews is because they never brought it to market....

#23 ·
Well having carried the P226 for decades as a tool of the trade. I don't think adding different colors and slide cuts as other cute and de rigueur things to tools makes them any more functional. A tool is a tool and nothing more. It goes bang, someone or something drops and that is the tool. Looking boutique is so the boutique gunners can say, lookie here. Also it allows the cool kids to remain cool kids. I understand different grips, other internal mechanics to allow the weapon to function better. Cosmetics? not so much. Sig is appealing to the lookie here crowd for the bottom line. The more boutique they bring out, the more I appreciate my early DA/SA manly weapons. When you introduce it, it speaks a language all its own and it makes people listen. Boutique? air slap, finger snap, eye roll.

#25 · (Edited)
Just like dogs, there are pretty guns and working guns. Nothing wrong with pretty guns for those who like pretty guns - so long as the working guns remain in the catalog (and they’ve already limited P220 Nitron to the LE catalog).

#29 ·
You goofballs are the only ones I have to say "lookie here!" to. 😂
I like to look at them and fondle them when I'm alone. 😂

Reactions: MultiSync
#44 ·
The sub-compact just wasn't that popular.

Sometime back I asked George Harris why they came out with the wide range limited run finished guns like the Rainbow / Mother of Pearl and Steel patterned look. they did so because everyone was bought up. they were limited runs. Beyond the finish there was nothing additional they had to do.

Not my interest but some like them. that's the name of the game when you are selling a product.

Never saw the point of Harley's Denim look. But it sold.

#40 ·
Looks nice but that seems like a hefty price tag for what Phil called a unique distressed look after the tumbler in the video which is just code for pre-scuffed from the factory to match your zinc phosphate accessories like the AXG magwell…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.