SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
The model number is 320X5-9-MAXM. So it is X5+Romeo 3 MAX. Fairly priced, considering R3Max sells at about 500 alone. I am curious what custom work is done. I guess R3Max would be directly mounted to the slide, for a starter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what I understand, there no front & rear iron sights. The slide serrations run the complete length of the slide. The R3Max is mounted directly to the slide (no mounting plate). Along with all the bells & whistles an X5 comes with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone see a first look kind of review on this. I'm about to send me current x5 in to get a Barsto match barrel fitting and slide milled for my Romeo 3 so I can ditch the adapter plate. Cost is going to be close to this gun and maybe worth the wait....

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,905 Posts
Its not my cup of tea but I'm sure other will like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just found this quote. So hopefully a true match barrel.

The new SIG Sauer P320MAX is also based on this frame, which is combined with a SIG Sauer Custom Works upper with a completely redesigned slide and 5"/127 mm match barrel.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Careful replacing your stock sig barrel with a Barsto or any others . Last time it took fitting 2 Barsto barrels to find one that would shoot as well as the stock barrel . Even thorn I had a very expensive replacement that shot as well as factory. The sig P320 line is incredibly accurate. Irv at Barsto is a great guy and they do stand behind their products . Several times they have sent me replacements for barrels that wouldn’t outshoot the factory or wouldn’t shoot to their qualifications. That being said they tend to be picky in terms of loads. Mainly due to their strange 9mm twist rates. This is why I prefer stock Sig or Apex when needed . Either way if you don’t have a ransom rest to test it anyway then it really doesn’t matter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
steveac7531 - thanks for the info. I have not seen many posts or reviews of folks that have done the swap. I may just do the slide milling and leave the barrel. I was going to have them do the barrel while it was at the shop but might be better to save the $400\$500 and just do the slide. Then get the P320Max when it comes out. Always good to have more guns :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone see a first look kind of review on this. I'm about to send me current x5 in to get a Barsto match barrel fitting and slide milled for my Romeo 3 so I can ditch the adapter plate. Cost is going to be close to this gun and maybe worth the wait....
I'm sure you have seen this by now but yes it clames to be a bull barrel and the optics directly mounts. I'm definitely looking for just a slide assembly from it but I'm not thinking they are gonna be selling parts for it so probably need to buy the entire pistol.
Sucks for me but definitely seems like a great pistol if you haven't already bought parts like me.
I'm sure you have already seen it but they are doing a bull barrel with it and the optics directly mount. Great for anyone looking to buy a full pistol but I'm not seeing any parts out there yet. All I need is the slide and barrel I hope they sell it. I like it so much more then the x5 legond.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was able to order one and should have it tomorrow or Thursday. I've got 2 matches this week that I will be breaking it in at.... I'm going to pull the trigger out and ship it directly to Rob at The Sig Armorer and I think I will be in business.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was able to order one and should have it tomorrow or Thursday. I've got 2 matches this week that I will be breaking it in at.... I'm going to pull the trigger out and ship it directly to Rob at The Sig Armorer and I think I will be in business.
Pics please!

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,070 Posts
Great! Congratulations. Like natethegreat said ^ ^ ^ Pics please!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts