SIG Talk banner

Sig Custom Shop Lead Times?

3466 11
Hello All,

I dropped off my new-to-me P226 on the 8th for a slide refinish, short reset trigger, and action enhancement package. The staff at the NH pro shop said it would be 3-4 weeks. I called a couple weeks later to check on the status and was told it was at the shop but hasn't been worked on yet and would be ready by the mid-end of next month. Is this abnormal or is the completion estimate subject to how busy the shop is? Has anyone had similar work done and would be able to say how long their order took?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Yeah, my turns experience with AEP, sights and pistol & rifle repair work has been 5 or 7 days in Exeter. I haven't done any refinish jobs there. My understanding is their refinish works takes a lot longer. SIG has a Fathers Day custom shop promo every year that probably slows their turns now too...

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
As a reference for any CA members, I recently sent in my P220 for a warranty claim, SRT install, and X-Ray sights. It was dropped off to FedEx on the evening of June 8th and I got it back June 20th. 2-Day Air shipping both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wrong time

You jumped in at the wrong time, that was right when the fathers day sale popped, I sent in 3 guns myself, they are probably pretty back logged, normally that would be a 3 week job, have had it done on several guns. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I sent three pistols back last year at different times. SSP & AEP (no refinish), turn-around was less than 10 day.

I believe that SIG sends them to a different company for refinish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.