SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a genuine threaded barrel from Optics Planet
and it's supposed to drop right in. The problem is, that it doesn't fit up into the slide properly. This prevents the tabs on the FCU from sliding down the channels of the upper.

I called Sig and the guy I talked to was apologetic. Said I could send it and the new barrel in for fitment but it would take three weeks. Has anyone else experienced the drop in replacement not working?

This is what the original looks like:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Off maybe a 1/8th or 1/16th, will do that. Certainly wouldn't be the first time something was machined "off" a bit. Obviously it is, so you may have to send it to Sig or inquire with Optics Planet about returning it and getting a new one. I am sure Optics Planet will take it back if you submit pictures or you local armorer at your gun store hit them up.

-Dan

·
Registered
824 Posts
Before you send it back to SIG, try working it up and down in the slide.
As you work it, you'll notice it going a little closer into battery as you go.

It's a tight fit, just as it should be. Sometimes a little working it up and down in the slide will wear it enough that it will fit into place.

As you work it, watch for a wear spot and make just a few light passes on that spot with a fine file. Very, very lightly.

Compare your two pictures and you'll see that your barrel is almost about to fit into place, it just needs a little help.
This is common with the so called "drop in" barrels.

In fact it's better that it fight tight and wear in, rather than just drop right in with a loose fit.

Plus, any half way competent gunsmith can fit that for you. Probably while you wait.
It's too close to fitting to send it back to SIG.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Not completely unheard of, moreso in aftermarket drop-in parts than factory ones. Probably just needs a bit of file work and stoning to get the last bit of necessary clearance, and a refinish if it's not stainless.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
You'd easily be able to fit that yourself if you got it that far.

A fine stone or some extremely fine jewelers files should do the trick. You can use a silver sharpie marker to tell where you're tight and gently remove some material.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings all. Just picked up a p320c. Just wondering if anyone knows if a factory p320 full size barrel 4.7" will run in a p320c slide. Intending to machine cut 1/2x28 threads to run suppressed. Appreciate any help!

Jcool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts