SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just though you'd find it interesting: SIG reloading brass is available in the major calibers at Cabelas.

It must be very recent as I was just there the other day and it wasn't there.

I saw: 9mm, 40SW, 10mm, 300BO (in 50 round bags for $15?), and 45 ACP.

There may be more I don't know.

It's good to have choices. I have reloaded SIG brass in 10mm and 357 SIG and I feel it is on par with Starline which is the only other type I use in 10mm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I picked up some SIG 9mm luger brass at cabellas. It worked really well. I am getting ready to reload the brass and see how it performs as once-fired reloads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up some of SIG 45 ACP brass and it worked out quite nicely. I loaded them up with some Hornady 230gr XTP and Alliant Power Pistol.

Have you had any issues reloading 357 sig? I have read postings where people say its more difficult to reload but I haven't attempted it myself yet.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I picked up some of SIG 45 ACP brass and it worked out quite nicely. I loaded them up with some Hornady 230gr XTP and Alliant Power Pistol.

Have you had any issues reloading 357 sig? I have read postings where people say its more difficult to reload but I haven't attempted it myself yet.
I have read some of the same reports about 357 Sig being more difficult to load, but have not found it to be true.

I think they may be based on the fact that the case has a short neck, therefore there is a small area to provide neck tension and bullet support. this leads to some fear of bullet movement before the round is chambered. I have not found this a problem.

If you have loaded bottle neck rifle calibers, I doubt that you will have any trouble with 357 Sig.

·
Registered
17,787 Posts
Why would you buy expensive brass for handguns when you can get it much cheaper in the form of once fired range brass?

Around here you almost have to give away 9MM as it's so common and easy to find.

Whenever I find a new reloader, I always give them 1,000 empties to get them started.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
My range sells pick-up range brass for something like $3 a pound and you sort it. Dump out the bucket on the sluice box/sorting table and pick & choose.

·
Registered
17,787 Posts
My range sells pick-up range brass for something like $3 a pound and you sort it. Dump out the bucket on the sluice box/sorting table and pick & choose.
The R.O.s at my range sweep brass to me and Mrs. Flash from shooters who don't save their brass, so we have a constant supply.

On Halloween, the keep a huge trash can full of brass inside the range and when you leave, you say "trick or treat" and they give you 3 or 4 handfuls of brass for each person.

Kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The R.O.s at my range sweep brass to me and Mrs. Flash from shooters who don't save their brass, so we have a constant supply.

On Halloween, the keep a huge trash can full of brass inside the range and when you leave, you say "trick or treat" and they give you 3 or 4 handfuls of brass for each person.

Kinda cool.
That's very cool!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have read some of the same reports about 357 Sig being more difficult to load, but have not found it to be true.

I think they may be based on the fact that the case has a short neck, therefore there is a small area to provide neck tension and bullet support. this leads to some fear of bullet movement before the round is chambered. I have not found this a problem.

If you have loaded bottle neck rifle calibers, I doubt that you will have any trouble with 357 Sig.
Thanks for the info. I kind of figured that it would be very similar to reloading bottle neck rifle calibers but I just wanted to ask someone that has actually worked with them.

I guess I'm going to have to go to the store and pick up a new die set this weekend! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts