SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve now received about three notifications from Midway USA saying several 9mm and .45 ACP have been discontinued and no longer available. Just wondering if anyone knows if something is going on with Sig’s line of ammo?? Hate not as I really like their range ammo.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
So I’ve now received about three notifications from Midway USA saying several 9mm and .45 ACP have been discontinued and no longer available. Just wondering if anyone knows if something is going on with Sig’s line of ammo?? Hate not as I really like their range ammo.
It's still available and one of their most popular sellers. The AR ammo operations are expanding and moving into primer production down the road.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,860 Posts
Just checking Midway's website, all of Sig Sauer Ammunition shows out of stock, and "no back orders", that just tells me they are not going to carry it anymore.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Just checking Midway's website, all of Sig Sauer Ammunition shows out of stock, and "no back orders", that just tells me they are not going to carry it anymore.
Not really. Check the other major brands and the same is stated in many instances. Are they not carrying Federal? It they don't have a reasonable shipping date they won't back order. Not taking back orders is the norm for the more reputable vendors.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
Yeah ... I got the notice that Midway would no longer carry the SIG .357mag, 125 FMJ. Too bad ... I really liked using this to break in my new 686 last year and had my email on MW's "notify me" list. Oh well ... I guess I can either find the SIG somewhere else or use another brand. Actually I have enough Berry's bullets and WW-244 powder to keep me shooting for awhile.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Just an note on ammo directly from SIG. Don't trust the out of stock flag on the shopping page, click the actual product image for a more current status. I just purchased some ‘out of stock’ 9mm by drilling into the product itself. Not every ammo product will have an updated status, but it's cheap to click. Your mileage may vary, but I found three ammo products that were actually shippable.

·
Registered
mk25, 516 7.5, 365xl, p2000sk, PWS mk109, Stag Model 1, Dead Air, Streamlight, Romeos and Eotechs
95 Posts
Just an note on ammo directly from SIG. Don't trust the out of stock flag on the shopping page, click the actual product image for a more current status. I just purchased some ‘out of stock’ 9mm by drilling into the product itself. Not every ammo product will have an updated status, but it's cheap to click. Your mileage may vary, but I found three ammo products that were actually shippable.
I like this piece of advice!

·
Registered
77 Posts
SIG V Crown is Sierra JHP V series ammo.

If you reload just reload using the proper Sierra components and some VV 340 or so (my personal fav) and save yourself a bunch of money.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the heads up. It just really struck me as they stated it as “discontinued”. To me that means. It’s gone forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts