SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back!!! I am planning on rotating my SIG516 and M400 in and out of my car year round and living in Littleton, CO we can have a wide range of temperatures around these parts. I'm doing so, in case I have a free moment to hit the range when out and about without having to go back home and get my rifle. The day time temps in the late Spring until early Fall can range from 100 degrees to 75 degrees, but can be steady at the highest end of this range for several days. The day time temp inside my FJ Cruiser would be 20-40 degrees warmer than the air temp. Is this too hot to leave either of these rifles out in the car for long periods of time? The rifle will be locked in an insulated Voodoo Tactical 36" Range Bag with the bore in a hot bore mit. Any info or experienc with huge temp flu uations while keeping your ARs in your cars are greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Your rifle handles much much hotter. 100+ degrees is nothing for it. If you have it in a rifle bag, then you definitely don't have anything to worry about.

The only thing I would recommend is using grease, it tends to stay on a bit better I've found.

Reactions: M400Mk25

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
ARs have handled the hottest Iraq and Afg has to offer which is a lot more than 100.
And equally so they have served in the frozen north as well.
It's much more durable of a design than most civilians give them credit for.

No worries mate.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Be careful as to not let your vehicle get broken into.

Our local sheriff says the main source of criminals' firearms are those stolen from vehicles...

In my parts, anyway.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
No problem, with normal maintenance your AR's will handle anything Colorado can dish out.

Reactions: M400Mk25
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.