SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,825 Posts
I took the P series and very much appreciated it.
I would be good to do it in Epping. I had considered hard on booking a fall class so i could see the NE in fall.
They hold the classes all over. I did mine in Dallas and the instructor had just come from Bolivia.
He told a story about working on a gun for them. He asked for ammo to test fire it.
They gave him one bullet. They were amazed when he told them that here we would test with at least a box.
They couldn't afford a box.

·
Registered
19,531 Posts
I'd love to take one. All the ones in my area are for LE Armorers. I'm not willing to travel very far to take it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've done the Classic Series and the P320 series classes and they are both good classes. The Classic Series is a better class in my opinion because it is more in-depth. The P320 class could probably be extended to two days instead of one but they are obviously trying to make comparisons to glock for the LE market and having a armorer "certified" in one day instead of two means that the officer is back on the road and handling calls quicker.

The P320 IS more complex then a glock--I want to get that out of the way. However the complexity is a necessity of a striker fire system that is both completely modular and disassembles without pulling the trigger.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,638 Posts
Reactions: upsdude

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Reactions: Willard

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,638 Posts
I did a review on the P320 Armorers Course I took last year:

Review of the SIG P320 Armorers Course | ThruMyLens
John, I have found, that when you understand the basic functions of how a firearm works during its cycle of operation, you gather a whole new insight into firearms.

I have been a mechanic as a fall back occupation through the years, so tearing something apart has never been a problem! Putting things back together though is a different story! That is where learning how a firearm functions, will allow you to look at something as simple as a "Parts Breakdown" for a firearm, and understand what each parts function is, and how they interact. It will allow you to diagnose problems easier, even on a firearms you have never had formal training on.

Good luck with your goal on attending more courses! Your article to me appeared to be well written, and covered the point I think you were trying to make... working on firearms isn't Rocket Science, it just takes moderate intelligence, a lot of patience, and a little manual dexterity.

Reactions: FLASIG

·
Premium Member
36,825 Posts
I'd love to take one. All the ones in my area are for LE Armorers. I'm not willing to travel very far to take it.
The class I took was hosted by the Highland Tx. PD.
They opened it to the public. That is the host's choice.

Any FFL can host a class. Takes about 30 people to fill a class.
I was in talks with my favorite shooting range.
The owner has a classroom, and at first was willing, but then backed out because he thought somehow it would cost him.
There is no cost to the host at all.

I just emailed (if I remember right Kathleen) and they walked me through it.

[email protected]

https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/course/armorer-certification

1 - 12 of 12 Posts