· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day guys,
Really having a hard time decideing between two Scopes, Really need your help :

Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20
OR

STEINER MX5i 1-5×24 ....
Which one is a better scope ? I will be using it for CQB and Mid Range up to 400 ft.
Thank you

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Good day guys,
Really having a hard time decideing between two Scopes, Really need your help :

Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20
OR

STEINER MX5i 1-5×24 ....
Which one is a better scope ? I will be using it for CQB and Mid Range up to 400 ft.
Thank you
Both top notch kit. Have you looked at a Vortex razor HD? I run two different Bushnell tactical elite 1-6.5's and love them both.

· Registered
915 Posts
Not familiar with either scope personally, but just a quick google search...

between those two only?

I would prefer the leupold. it's FFP whereas the Steiner is SFP correct?
Also you get another degree of magnification with the leupold.

But also consider which reticle each scope offers...does one offer a reticle you like better?

just my .02

i could never afford a scope that expensive, so who cares what i think? haha

· Registered
8 Posts
Sig 716 optic

I hade the same dilemma a few months ago with my 716 patrol and after much input from many I did the logical thing and drove down to Sportsmans Wearhouse and looked through them ALL. You can pick a spot across the store and check the clarity color, duplex, mil dot, x power, whatever because your vision differs from mine and so can the scope you like best. Looking through them one right after another gives you the only true way to compare and eliminate THEN choose for YOU. I was hell bent on a hi end Leupold but after looking through them all , side by side I chose a Vortex Viper. Your eyes may prefer another choice, much like prescription glasses And with the money I saved on the scope I bought a Geissele trigger for my 516, and 716 ! and there is a huge difference in performance and fun with the a new trigger. Take the time to do it right or make the time (and money) to do it over. I promise you wont be sorry

· Registered
7,973 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.