SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any updated info on when the gen 2 might actually be released?

Trying to decide if I should wait for it or just go ahead and purchase the gen 1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sig is replacing the lower on my 716. They will also be returning my POF trigger group I had in the lower and upgrading me to a Geisselle two stage trigger for my trouble. I will check it out and report back when we get it from the FFL. Sounds like they are taking good care of me!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Sig is replacing the lower on my 716. They will also be returning my POF trigger group I had in the lower and upgrading me to a Geisselle two stage trigger for my trouble. I will check it out and report back when we get it from the FFL. Sounds like they are taking good care of me!
WOW - what kind of problems were you having to replace the lower receiver?

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
It seems it was a combination of a buffer which was too light from the factory and carrier tilt on mine. I am making this assumption based on the damage and the guys that have had the same issue had their rifles sent back with H2 weight buffers and much more machining work on either side of the buffer portal. The first photo is mine, the second is of a rifle that was sent back that exhibited the same issues.
Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment

Auto part

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, looks like some 'self-machining' going on there!! Wonder why your 716 didn't have the H2 buffer spring? I thought the heavier H2s were standard on all of SIG's piston rifles.

Thanks for your pics - And agree, sounds like SIG's taking care of ya. Maybe they'll throw-in a store credit to cover your transfer fee for the new lower...

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
is that a gen 1 or gen 2 716?
Based on what I have read here it is a 1st gen. The box does not say Gll, it has the white lettering on the receiver (or did, we shall see what the new lower they are sending looks like), the date stamped on the barrel under the hand rail is 2012. Non tapered barrel though...I will take some better shots of it when it comes back, here are a few I have here.
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Machine gun

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Airsoft

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Gen2 come out with an official release? I no longer see the gen 1 page on the sig sight and Im starting to see some gen 2 listings on gunbroker

·
Registered
52 Posts
I recently bought a magazine named AR-15 (not sure who the "parent" publisher is at the moment - maybe Guns & Ammo?) and there was a hands-on review of the new Gen 2 716 inside of it. In fact, they took it hunting in Texas as well as giving it some range time. Although I'm taking this from memory, I believe the average grouping of five 5 shot strings yielded .57" with a best group of .37"! They even took a picture of that group because they couldn't believe it. They ran it suppressed as well. When I go home today for lunch, I'll get more specifics.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ordered mine from Quantico Tactical in the beginning of September. I just spoke with my contact and he said Sig is building weapons for them now that were on backorder however Sig did not specify Which models were being built. I suspect the backlog has to do with the DOD contract, P320 recall, and I believe the Canadian military just contracted with Sig for the 716 G2 DMR. While I wait, I'm purchasing accessories like a bipod, scope, Etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry for the late response, but I couldn't find the damn magazine with the 716 G2 article in it. I guess we have the Canadians to thank for the G2. I don't know why this happened, but the 2nd page was attached as a thumbnail and not an image. At least it's here...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I recently bought a magazine named AR-15 (not sure who the "parent" publisher is at the moment - maybe Guns & Ammo?) and there was a hands-on review of the new Gen 2 716 inside of it. In fact, they took it hunting in Texas as well as giving it some range time. Although I'm taking this from memory, I believe the average grouping of five 5 shot strings yielded .57" with a best group of .37"! They even took a picture of that group because they couldn't believe it. They ran it suppressed as well. When I go home today for lunch, I'll get more specifics.
I can vouch for that. My scope is a Leupold Mark AR Mod1 / 1.5x4.

Attachments

Reactions: GLD1980
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.