SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new Sig 522 22LR rifle last month. I bought two spare magazines from Sig. The issue is that all three of my 25 round magazines jam after 10 rounds. I have smacked the magazine against my hand to seat the rounds to the rear of the magazine but it seems like the follower is hanging up inside the magazine. Maybe the spring is too weak? Too bad my S&W M&P22-15 mags don’t fit the Sig 522. I know the enclosed design magazines are supposed to be better than the open design magazines (S&W M&P22-15 style) but I’m not so sure the open design is not better. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not sure if you're having the same issue I had. I bought mags from Black Dog Machines (they're the OEM, afaik) with the steel lip. One of them kept jamming as the rounds weren't feeding properly. I used a dremel tool with a rounded grinder and smoothed out the inside portion of the feed lip. There was a spur in there that just prevented the round from feeding smoothly into the chamber. The round would get hung up at the primer during feeding and angle the round upwards. After I figured this out, no more problems.

I don't think the spring is the issue but I do recall there were two generations of followers. If you bought a new 522, with new mags, it should use the latest version. Oh, btw, I have the 15 round versions to be state compliant. I would call Sig and have them look into it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.