SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been interested in buying my first ar15 .223, and recently found a 516 carbon with a fixed stock, and with a sig romeo red dot sight for 1499. The gun is new. Is this a good deal? based on msrp and what Ive found on gunbroker it seems as if it is.

Anyone have any experience with this rifle? any other recommendations for that price point?

thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
buy it, thats a deal. I never had any problems with mines. You must know the front end of the rifle is heavier due to the piston design. But that sacrifice is well out weighed by the carbon staying out of the receiver itself.

other piston companies would want $2k no optic and its not made carbon fiber (rail, stock, etc).
Should you want a DI the price will be cheaper, tho it comes with the receiver getting more carbon deposits after shooting.. In my experience Sig has always been able to keep the cost of a high quality AR down. Hope the the rifle is for purchase. good luck with your choice

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. Anyone else have any input?

Anything better for this price? Doesn't have to be a sig.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was looking for a FS version, best price I found was $2k. They don't even make these anymore!

$1500 with optics new is a great deal! My 516Gen2 is very accurate and ate everything I fed it. Piston keeps the bcg much cleaner than my DI. I wouldn't hesitate to take this offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts