SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I spent many hours reading and researching and forum-ing...to try and find information on the Sig 4 Point Safety System, but it was hard to understand without visuals, so when I did finally get it, I thought it would be a good thing to share.

This is actually a small segment of a much larger video I just finished...

Hope this clarifies this topic for you guys, cheers...

·
Registered
479 Posts
There ya go. 11 minutes. Watched it, learned a lot. A+

·
Premium Member
36,527 Posts
Good video Thank you
The only thing I might add is the Sigs I have owned including a 938, there is a space for the extractor claw with the chamber closed. I can see the brass rim of the shell, through that open space. it does take good light to use it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nice job.

·
Registered
55,780 Posts
1-De-cocking lever- Lets you safely lower the hammer with a loaded chamber.

2-Firing pin block. The firing pin cannot move forward if the trigger is not being pressed. This is also called "Drop Safety"

3-Intercept notch. The reason the hammer is not touching the firing ping when it is down, if the trigger is not pressed the hammer cannot move all the way forward.

4-Trigger bar disconnect. While the slide is cycling, the trigger bar is disconnected from the sear to avoid an out-of-battery discharge.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This was very helpful! Thank you for spending the time to put this together. I tried the tap technique on my P226 and it works, very nice! Since it is still fairly new, the extractor is difficult to push in but I was able to tell the difference. This technique does not work on my P239 however since the extractor is shorter and doesn't appear to move. Like @dwg13013 indicates on the P238, there is a small space allowing you to see the rim of the shell in good lighting conditions. For the P239 it is also easy to move the slide back slightly (a few millimeters) to better inspect without going back too far / cocking the trigger accidentally. I've made this a habit to check anytime I pickup a firearm, either before CC of the P239 in the AM or swapping for the P226 at night at bedtime for HD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts