SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Sig 365 questions and possible striker issue

870 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Ned Flanders 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay first I bought this as a parts kits years ago when JSD was going to do an 80%. So none of the parts came as a complete firearm so there is no serial number to look up. It did come with a sig case that has a date dec 2019, but who knows if thats accurate.

I would up buying a stripped factory FCU housing due to jsd taking forever and the possible changes in the 80% laws.

The gun works perfectly and has been what I have been carrying. Well the other night my holster came unclipped when I went to the bathroom and the pistol hit a tile floor hard. I unloaded it until I came home just incase.

Well when I inspected it just for peace of mind I started looking at threads here for the different gens and upgrades done by sig over time. This is when I discovered a few things.

One my firing pin is not normal, it is actually slopped to one side, not rounded. This is my primary concern. But the striker is marked like someones newer one here.

Next it looks like I have an older sear, from a thread I found it looks like the guys "march sear". No big deal I think, the parts kit also had the more pointy FCU retaining pin, found on his "may" gun. I just dont know if that matters.

Do any of the sig 365 gods have any pointers or suggestions? Should I contact sig about the firing pin or is it normal?
pics, sorry if they are HUGE as imgur changed something and I cant figure out how to resize them and I dont know if this forum does.

Last one the mark on the grip that may confirm the dec 2019 build date.

See less See more
#4 ·
Okay I noticed the line on the sear, it looked like a crack. I stripped the fcu down to get the sear out and I do think its a crack. It does not show on the bottom that I can see, but I can feel the line with a dental pick.

So I guess I will see of sig will send me a new sear.

#6 ·
I reached out to sig, they think its a mold mark as well, but his the line does not curve like mine does at the rear end. But he sending the pic to the service guys to get their opinion. Its just large enough to snag my finger nail, but it could be flashing.

#7 ·
The slope on the firing pin tip is designed to cam the firing pin back into the breech face, as the barrel assembly drops down to unlock.
Some early 365s had firing pin tips break, and the internet squadrons assumed this was caused by firing pin drag on the primer. Breakage was actually due to some faulty firing pins.
The slope was the factory's fix to the primer drag marks; it may or may not have been a real issue, but it made the consumers more content.
Have to admit not ever hearing about an 80% 365. It sounds like it would be tough to do.
Moon

#8 ·
Have to admit not ever hearing about an 80% 365. It sounds like it would be tough to do.
Moon
Its gone off their website. They spent about 2 years getting everything in spec. Last I heard they where QU the final specs and where gonna do them. But then all the 80% stuff went nuts, and that when I bought a factory fcu housing. Plus after waiting almost 2 years I gave up. I feel sorry for him as he spent a lot of time/money getting everything right.

Here is an article where they mention it and show a pic of one of the first prototypes.
Fire arms blog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.