SIG Talk banner

Sig 320c Italian mags

1052 8
Picked up a new 320cRX from the LGS that is also a SIG store couple of weeks back and they just so happened to have some SIG branded Italian made15 rd mags that I picked up. Today at the range both of the Italian mags were a %^$^ to get the 1st round in and I noticed that unless you pushed down on the nose of the follower they weren't going to be loaded.

Once the first round is in they loaded fine and functioned fine, I have always had better luck with Italian made SIG mags vs US made ones. The followers on the 2 USA made mags that came with the pistol seem much smoother, anyone else notice this that own the Italian made mags?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I have noticed when empty that little nub needs to wear in . I would take a Italy mag over a usa made mag any day.
I have yet to be able to tell a difference between USA and Italy mags and I've got 30+ P320 mags.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, same notable discrepancies with the mags here. I own both Italian and USA made and the springs in the USA made ones are stiffer during the break in period. I used an UpLula as mentioned by garyji to help me get the last round in the mag, and found that it's difficult to load the gun as well.

If the slide is closed, I used extra force. I have to say that didn't sit well with me. I prefer putting the loaded mag into the gun with the slide locked back and then releasing the slide to load it.

My experience had been better with the Italian made ones, but the USA made ones are okay now that I've used them a bit and they're broken in.

Has anyone called to talk with Sig about this? If so, what was their response?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.