SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this on the 9mm P320 but was wondering if anyone has done it on a .45 where they take the full size .45 slide assembly and put it on a .45 carry frame. If so, was there any spacing issues or exposure of the guide rod/recoil spring?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
As a part of a equipment swap a guy gave me a carry size grip module to go with my FS 320 45. It made no sense to use it. Both the full size and carry hold 10 rounds so why put on a grip module with a shorter dust cover but no advantage in concealability.

What I have seem most commonly with the 9mm version is to put a compact grip module on a full size slide. Here the grip is shorter and presumably more concealable but you do lose two round capacity.

Why exactly do you want to do this?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
As a part of a equipment swap a guy gave me a carry size grip module to go with my FS 320 45. It made no sense to use it. Both the full size and carry hold 10 rounds so why put on a grip module with a shorter dust cover but no advantage in concealability.

What I have seem most commonly with the 9mm version is to put a compact grip module on a full size slide. Here the grip is shorter and presumably more concealable but you do lose two round capacity.

Why exactly do you want to do this?
That is actually my plan. I want to buy a full-size and put a Compact grip on it. I don't have a hard time concealing a long slide, it's the long grip that causes issues. I wish more pistol companies made guns with full length slides and shorter grips.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My guess would be that you will have a slight gap between the end of the dust cover/rail and the slide. Just like when guys put a sc frame on a compact gun...have you seen that? If not I can post some pics for you...I have a compact p320 9mm and I generally carry it with a sc grip. Makes it perfect for carry imo. The slight gap isn't very noticeable and doesn't bother me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.