SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just scored a Sig 250 in 45 acp for $311. I liked the fit of the 320 which has the same grip and most of my handguns are hammer fired. Haven't had it at the range yet but just dry fired it. Pleased with the purchase so far. What's your opinion of the 250?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Love the 250 so much just got another. But it gets no respect. It started the whole modular thing. Most don't want to take the time to get good with it .If they did they would realize its a great cc gun or hd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice pick up. I am by no means an expert but I got the .40 cal P250C with a P250SC conversion kit within the past 10 months and I love them. Mine have been deadnuts reliable and accurate. I have been watching the watching the classified ads here at Sigtalk for anyone selling a P250C in .45 but have not seen one. Mind if ask where you acquired yours?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I grew up with revolvers and find the P250 to the smoothest DA trigger pull I have ever encountered (and that includes a few expensive trigger jobs I had professionally done on my revolvers). If you take the time to learn how to smoothly stage the trigger just before it breaks, then you will be surprised how accurate that platform can be.

I sure was surprised, and it's now my EDC - it is truly an underrated gem.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pick up. I am by no means an expert but I got the .40 cal P250C with a P250SC conversion kit within the past 10 months and I love them. Mine have been deadnuts reliable and accurate. I have been watching the watching the classified ads here at Sigtalk for anyone selling a P250C in .45 but have not seen one. Mind if ask where you acquired yours?
Bid for it on GunBroker.com. It was a NIB commemorative piece for a unit involved in Op Enduring Freedom. If you want the name of the seller, PM me. He told me he had others available when I spoke with him about desired form of payment.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you guys hate it as much as I do, when people talk it down?They act like we just have not upgraded yet.Or we got it couse we cant afford a real sig.I can bye any gun I want, iam a grown *** man.Thats why I have two, love them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
strider41, I guess you could say I like the P250 since I have two FCUs, five frames, and three calibers (barrels and magazines).

Reactions: Hammerman

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I liked mine, it was accurate, reliable. The controls are a little more prone to rust I noticed. Not a fan of the rear sight. The DA trigger was smooth but a little long for my taste. I like to have SA for longer range shots, the main reason why I sold. I just stick with DAO for small revolvers, I still prefer the heavier pull of a j-frame or lcr, those seem to shoot much faster too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Love my P250C .45ACP. Only one failure to extract when I first got it in OCT 2016 for $399 at Cabelas. That was due to me running it dry and using Federal Aluminum 230
gr ammo. Hasn't failed since. I have a .40S&W SC X-Kit for it. Planning on buying a .45 ACP SC Grip and running my compact slide on it. To be honest, I really learned to shoot using that gun. I view it as a magazine fed revolver. Underrated gun.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had one in .40 and it was my EDC for a little over a year. I put about 2500 rounds through it and it performed flawlessly. I like the pistol it had so many things going for it, but I never quite warmed up to the trigger. If you like DAO autos, it has the best trigger of any I have shot.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think the P250 is probably the best true DAO pistol ever built. Unfortunately, the P250 is the victim of misplaced expectations from shooters who suffer from fantasies of being the next Jerry Miculek while severely lacking trigger control skills.
Then they will buy trigger upgrades for the P320. Muh Upgrades!! ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Love all of my P250s and doubt I would ever sell them. I just wish I was as good with my 250 as I am with my 320. I also love the fact that they share mags, grips, and barrels. Just another compliment to the modularity.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.