SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my p239 (.40cal) for around a year now and my question is, is there anyway to reduce the "snappy" recoil of the .40cal round in this gun like maybe a different guide rod and spring or something? I use this as my daily carry and I am always on target with it, but I feel that if I can reduce the recoil some it would allow for better follow up shots. I'm open for any suggestions involving installing new parts on my p239, but I'm not looking for a replacement so please don't suggest buying a different gun.

·
Registered
467 Posts
"Recoil Reducers" and the like are nothing but a scam to separate you from your money. Don't waste your time with them. The recoil of a P239 in .40/.357 is what it is. Frankly, it is what it is with any gun that small with ammo of that size.

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
"Recoil Reducers" and the like are nothing but a scam to separate you from your money. Don't waste your time with them. The recoil of a P239 in .40/.357 is what it is. Frankly, it is what it is with any gun that small with ammo of that size.
My 9mm Sprinco makes a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have the rubber Hogue grips on it? I am "recoil sensitive" (a wuss if you will) but I shot a friends p239 with the rubber Hogue grips and magazine extension and it was great. These two add ons make the p239 a pleasure to shoot now in both 40 and 357.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Don't waste your money on a recoil reducer. I've read too many complaints about those over the years making a pistol less reliable. Your 239 is designed to operate reliably with a certain amount of recoil.

I would do what Luigimoto suggests and try rubber grips from Hogue, etc. since you are already accurate with the pistol. Accurate follow-up shooting is a result of practice. You'll get there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the P239 in 9mm since right around they were introduced, and installed the Hogue Grips. I know you can't really compare this to the .40, but I find the gun very very managable to shoot. Not quite a .22, but no complaints at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Hogue grips on the P239 makes a world of difference when shooting .40 S&W. I have a set on mine and I prefer it to just about any other .40 cal I've ever shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts