SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site so be easy on me! I just purchased my first Sig Sauer but can't find any information regarding exactly what options and model it is. I have checked the Sig Sauer Site but can't find it anywhere. On the case it says W229-9-SP then directly below that it says P229, 9 , Special Configuration. It is a 9mm, has a skeletonized trigger, Trititium front sight, and came with two 15 round magazines. I purchased it new. Thanks for your help...

Attachments

·
Registered
55,780 Posts
a unique, non elite 229, with a beaver tail.

welcome from az.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi, welcome!

Looks like a nice model:

Found this:
The P229 was the first pistol to be manufactured in Exeter, NH. Available in 9mm. The P229R (Railed) is one of the most popular Sig Sauer pistols and carried by thousands of law enforcement professionals throughout the country. This version has the designed slide profle, ergonomic grip and skeletonized trigger. Comes with Tritiuim fiber optic front sight and a rail. This model is available for sale ONLINE ONLY and is not stocked in our retail store.
Caliber 9mm
Capacity 10
Barrel Length 3.9 inches
Action Single Action / Double Action
Grips Polymer
Weight (unloaded) 32.5 oz
Front Sight Fixed
Rear Sight Fixed
Night Sights Yes
Frame Alloy
Slide Stainless Steel
Size of Frame Compact / Medium
Best used for Concealed Carry
Home/Self Defense

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Welcome, and a very nice find there.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sweet looking piece. Nice find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of your input! Any idea how I can tell if it has SRT by doing a physical inspection? I know that the trigger pull is different but I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
55,780 Posts
Or, a unique Enhanced Elite 229 without front slide serrations? Either way, an interesting configuration. Would be interesting to hear the SIG story on this one.
but that's what makes an elite an elite.

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
but that's what makes an elite an elite.

Serrations plus the beavertail and E2 grip (which the OP has) look to make up an Enhanced Elite. The SRT looks to be a part of that configuration as well but we haven't figured out yet whether the OP has it. Do you know of any visual cues he can look for?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Maybe someone frankensteined your 229 with different parts off different models? I'm not completely versed on this but I dont see why different parts off the same model gun wouldn't fit together.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Like it states in the description, Special Configuration, maybe someone at Sig was just toying around with some ideas for a new variant of the 229 to test the waters so to speak.
They have so many variants now, didn't they all have to go through some sort of vetting process also?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After much online research and a quick comparison at the range with a friend that has a regular 229r, I believe that it does have SRT. It resets about 50% quicker than the regular 229r that I fired. With all of that being said I do not believe that it is an Elite due to the lack for serrations on the front and there is no stamping on the slide. It appears to be a standard 229r with a beaver tail, SRT trigger, Tritium front sight, and skeletonized trigger. It looks like I stumbled upon a unique configuration, when all I was after was my first Sig Sauer. Overall, I am happy with it and feel really good about the purchase. Thanks to all of you for your help and input.

·
Premium Member
36,527 Posts
Have you tried calling customer service and asking about it? They will at least give a born date, and if the planets line up, they might tell you about it.

·
Registered
55,780 Posts
Have you tried calling customer service and asking about it? They will at least give a born date, and if the planets line up, they might tell you about it.
date should be on the case.

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
The born date on the case is November 26th, 2012
Where did you buy this one? I would certainly hang on to the box with stickers to show that you didn't take an Elite with beavertail frame (yep, I'm still there) and create your own unique model by swapping parts.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts