SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
after closing 15 pop-ups, I finally saw it.

Yes very Pretty...but $4,400 ? Why?
Thats about what other X guns are going for. I think anyways. Those Super Matches bring a premium.
Maybe $4400 is more than they're beinging.
The Black and White has long been unavailable.
Ive saw some Blue Moons and Emeralds, but not a Black and White.

Registered
Thats about what other X guns are going for. I think anyways. Those Super Matches bring a premium.
Maybe $4400 is more than they're beinging.
The Black and White has long been unavailable.
Ive saw some Blue Moons and Emeralds, but not a Black and White.
I didn't see a Black & White on Gunbroker but the other Super Matches are still under $3500 New.

Guess if the right person wants it bad enough....
I wish my guns increased in value over time ..:)

P228 Sherpa
Where did you find the Super Matches for under 3500?
The 2 I saw on Gun Broker were over 5000
One of the sellers keeps going back and forth with relisting using different strategies, one of which was with a reserve. The $3500 bid was way below the reserve. So, it's meaningless.

Registered
Where did you find the Super Matches for under 3500?
The 2 I saw on Gun Broker were over 5000
My bad..I was mistaken.

But WOW. I know why people pay big Money for quality. I do it when I can, I completely get that.. And maybe this isn't the place to discuss it...

But what in the &^%* can a $5000 pistol do? A collector finding a rare, One of a kind original, made by a legendary, long since deceased, smith? Yeah I understand that.. But isn't this a modern currently produced semi-custom handgun? $2000 OK maybe. But over 5 Grand...I just can't wrap my head around it. Please someone explain it to me :confused:

Registered
My bad..I was mistaken.

But WOW. I know why people pay big Money for quality. I do it when I can, I completely get that.. And maybe this isn't the place to discuss it...

But what in the &^%* can a $5000 pistol do? A collector finding a rare, One of a kind original, made by a legendary, long since deceased, smith? Yeah I understand that.. But isn't this a modern currently produced semi-custom handgun? $2000 OK maybe. But over 5 Grand...I just can't wrap my head around it. Please someone explain it to me :confused:
Have you priced a Wilson Combat or NightHawk or Ed Brown? I agree, they are super pricey.
But there are quite few $$$ pisfols out there.
Back in the day an L1 was prolly about 2k and an individual series like the Black and White was 2500 if memory serves correct. They are exceptional shooters though. And not a bad lookin guns to boot.
Where they shine is at the 50 yard line imo.

P228 Sherpa
All the jacked up X5/X6 prices are created by the artificial rarities brought on by the German export ban through SIG. These guns are not truly rare by any stretch of the imagination, and they are still coming over via private channels.

Registered
They shoot as good as they look too...
She's got some really pretty wood too.
Looks like he changed out the front sight.
I believe that the seller's description of "like new in box" is an exaggeration since along with the sight replacement, that pistol displays plenty of use.

Reactions: sigke

Registered
I believe that the seller's description of "like new in box" is an exaggeration since along with the sight replacement, that pistol displays plenty of use.
Your exactly right man. I was thinking that too due to the front sight alone. I didnt look close, but just went back and looked close.......she absolutely shows plenty of use. You can also tell the spare mag has just very recently been put back in the plastic too. Oh well :)

Registered
Your exactly right man. I was thinking that too due to the front sight alone. I didnt look close, but just went back and looked close.......she absolutely shows plenty of use. You can also tell the spare mag has just very recently been put back in the plastic too. Oh well :)
The ejection port, beaver tail and rear sight never lie. :lol:

Can't see the barrel hood very clearly.

Reactions: sigke
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.