SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Sig P226 RX SAO?

I am in love with my new legion P226 SAO and thinking of adding the RX to the stable. I brought my P226 Legion and new Glock 19MOS with an RMR07 to the range recently and realized how much I love the Sig with the SAO trigger so much more.

Thinking of dumping the Glock and replacing it with a Sig 226 SAO RX.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Won't comment on glock but the 226-SAO-RX is true perfection. I shoot it with 9/Romeo, 9 w/o Romeo, 40 & 357Sig. Trigger to die for in an improved 226 chassis. Shorter reset then my sigs with the DA/SA with SRTs and 1911.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's sort of apples and oranges.

I fondled a 226RX the other day. It was a dark elite with a threaded barrel.
It was excellent. if i hadn't just bought a MK25 a month ago....
The trigger is excellent but it's going to be the same as your legion.
I probably don't need a third 226, but I don't have an SAO so......:lol:
My full size P320 RX is fast becoming one of my favorite range guns, but have a feeling a 226Rx would be a contender.

Is the Glock otherwise stock? An after market trigger and connector makes a Glock come alive.
If you want to carry, the G19 is far more practical as a carry/range gun. The P226 SAO RX is a completely different beast and probably falls in to the category of range/home defense weapon (especially if you suppressed it).

Last night brought my P225 and G19. Totally different creatures, but they both put a smile on my face.

Personally I would hang on to the Glock and get the SAO RX later.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have the MK-25 and also a Glock MOS. Do some work on the Glock trigger install an Edge connector and a ultimate wolf trigger then you will keep the Glock :).

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Anyone have a Sig P226 RX SAO?

I am in love with my new legion P226 SAO and thinking of adding the RX to the stable. I brought my P226 Legion and new Glock 19MOS with an RMR07 to the range recently and realized how much I love the Sig with the SAO trigger so much more.

Thinking of dumping the Glock and replacing it with a Sig 226 SAO RX.

Thoughts?
I have one, got it after I purchased a MK25 RX. Ended up selling the 25. But my glock19 with an rmr is a carry gun, the SAO is the home gun (with my surefire can on it). If I'm ever lucky enough to find a compact 320rx or get a 320 X-Carry, the glock may go back in the safe.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I own a P226 Legion SAO and a P226RX SAO. Installed Wolff 17lb mainsprings in both and Hogue G10s on the RX. Bought the RX first, my first SAO SIG, and the most accurate pistol I have ever shot! Bought the Legion, even though I already owned DA/SA Legion because of how fantastic the RX was. Triggers are fantastic on both, although slightly different due to the straight trigger shoe on the Legion.

The combination of the P226, the Romeo and the awesome SAO trigger is an amazing package.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm sort of an unofficial Glock "fan boy". That being said, if I had to choose between the 226 SAO or the 19 for a platform to run one of the mini red dots, the Sig would be hard to beat.

I doubt I'd want to carry it though. I'm just talking for a fun range toy or maybe a dedicated HD gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts