SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to buy a 226 Legion RXP and was wondering if anyone out there with astigmatism is using one. I have looked through some red dot scopes and they appear fuzzy at times. I don't want to put out the bucks, if the sight is not any good. Looking for your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
If you have astigmatism the issue is your eyes not and red dot. I had astigmatism up to August last year and the Romeos all had a little tail on them. Very usable, but distracting. 45 seconds under a Lasik machine and zero astigmatism.

Reactions: HODY905

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am getting ready to buy a 226 Legion RXP and was wondering if anyone out there with astigmatism is using one. I have looked through some red dot scopes and they appear fuzzy at times. I don't want to put out the bucks, if the sight is not any good. Looking for your thoughts.
I recently bought a P226 Legion RXP. I’m in my mid-50s and have the usual presbyopia you get at this age, and also have a mild astigmatism related to my near/reading vision.

I began making the change to red dots generally in the last year. For me it’s been a game changer. I have a P365XL and a Hellcat both with a Holosun 507K for carry. The 2MOA dot inside the 32MOA reticle has been perfect for me. No issues unless I crank up the brightness.

For home defense, I have a P320 with a Romeo 1 Pro and the P226 Legion RXP. The 6MOA dot is surprisingly good. I thought it would be too big, but unless you’re shooting at 25 yards or beyond or turning up the brightness, it’s sharp and crisp for me.

I took some good red dot training, and once I understood how to use red dots properly, it’s been great. I can keep the threat/target in focus while presenting and aiming. No more shifting focus with iron sights which was a huge issue for me.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you have astigmatism the issue is your eyes not and red dot. I had astigmatism up to August last year and the Romeos all had a little tail on them. Very usable, but distracting. 45 seconds under a Lasik machine and zero astigmatism.
Amazing to me that so many folks deal with astigmatism when it can be corrected via a short procedure as an outpatient.
One of the miracles of modern medicine eye care.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My wife and I got cataract surgery in both eyes a couple years ago. Our eye doctor provided detailed information on our astigmatism to the eye surgeon. We now have 20/20 vision and no astigmatism.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Amazing to me that so many folks deal with astigmatism when it can be corrected via a short procedure as an outpatient.
One of the miracles of modern medicine eye care.
Can’t speak for anyone else, but my vision is 20/20 with the exception of reading/close vision due to aging. I have a slight astigmatism as well, but there is no surgery that corrects presbyopia.

And not sure I would undergo surgery on my eyes unless it was to address a serious medical condition.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Can’t speak for anyone else, but my vision is 20/20 with the exception of reading/close vision due to aging. I have a slight astigmatism as well, but there is no surgery that corrects presbyopia.

And not sure I would undergo surgery on my eyes unless it was to address a serious medical condition.
Yes agree no procedure to correct presbyopia. Most corrective surgeries of the eye today (cataracts, astigmatism, Lasik) are outpatient procedures with a very mild sedative.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently bought a P226 Legion RXP. I’m in my mid-50s and have the usual presbyopia you get at this age, and also have a mild astigmatism related to my near/reading vision.

I began making the change to red dots generally in the last year. For me it’s been a game changer. I have a P365XL and a Hellcat both with a Holosun 507K for carry. The 2MOA dot inside the 32MOA reticle has been perfect for me. No issues unless I crank up the brightness.

For home defense, I have a P320 with a Romeo 1 Pro and the P226 Legion RXP. The 6MOA dot is surprisingly good. I thought it would be too big, but unless you’re shooting at 25 yards or beyond or turning up the brightness, it’s sharp and crisp for me.

I took some good red dot training, and once I understood how to use red dots properly, it’s been great. I can keep the threat/target in focus while presenting and aiming. No more shifting focus with iron sights which was a huge issue for me.

Hope that helps.
It does. You all have. Where did you take the red dot training? I had a Bushnell Holosight 20 years ago on a Smith Model 29 and my eyes were OK then. It’s hell getting,old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts