SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used sig 220 on the way and it only has one magazine. I can get 3 of the act brand 8 round mags for just over 60 shipped or I can get 3 sig brand mags either 8 or 10 with the extension for 107 shipped on optics planet. Are the sig brand mags worth the extra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Congrats on your P220!! Yeah, ACT mags are sold cheap!! My suggestion is to think about how you'll use this gun. If she's ever used in a self defense role, I wouldn't rely on these ACT mags at all.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Ok so is 107 for two 8 round and one 10 shipped a good price?
Yeah well, it's an fair retail price. Usually, I'll wait until someone has a mag sale/promotion that'll probably save ya $20 or so...

Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah well, it's an fair retail price. Usually, I'll wait until someone has a mag sale/promotion that'll probably save ya $20 or so...

Cheers

Have you seen what people are trying to sell them for used on eBay! I saw used 8 rounders for 40 plus and one of the 10 round for 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
You're right - those are some bad Ebay deals!!

These are the best deals I see right now. CDNN may ship free, and Top Gun ships USPS Priority pretty fast, but with a charge. Both offer the 10rd mag at about the same price as the 8 rounder.

Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP 8rd magazine - Stainless - $32.95 - Top Gun Supply

https://www.cdnnsports.com/220-45-8rd-sts-sig-fact.html?___SID=U

Be aware that P220 mags have issues loading some hollow points. For example, Hornady's Critical Defense cartridges are a little too long for most 220 mags. Also, 10rd mags don't work in my P220 MSE at all...

Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're right - those are some bad Ebay deals!!

These are the best deals I see right now. CDNN may ship free, and Top Gun ships USPS Priority pretty fast, but with a charge. Both offer the 10rd mag at about the same price as the 8 rounder.

Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP 8rd magazine - Stainless - $32.95 - Top Gun Supply

https://www.cdnnsports.com/220-45-8rd-sts-sig-fact.html?___SID=U

Be aware that P220 mags have issues loading some hollow points. For example, Hornady's Critical Defense cartridges are a little too long for most 220 mags. Also, 10rd mags don't work in my P220 MSE at all...

Cheers

I hope it works! Think federal hst will work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
Federal HST has a rounded bullet profile and should work, but I haven't tried them.

The Hornady XTP has a tapered bullet profile with a large hollow point. Those hang on the beveled crimps at the top front of the newer mags just enough to prevent feeding. They work fine on older P220 mags that have less of a crimp.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
I had a German P220 and own a new P220 Equinox.

All 6 Stainless, SIG mags, Made in Italy, feed Remington Golden Saber, 230 gr JHP ammo, with no problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.