SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start of by saying hello to everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I recently purchased my first Sig and am looking to make the basic upgrades to it. I purchased the Ultra Nitron .45 and by basics I mean I would like to upgrade the grips (preferably G10) as well as the mags (preferably WC). I believe I have found some G10's on VZgrips.com however I am waiting on a response on whether the operator II's will fit this pistol in their compact size configuration (any insight on this would be greatly appreciated). The other portion of this pistol that I would like to upgrade are the magazines. I currently have a dozen or so WC 8 round mags for my Kimber however the 8 round mags are entirely too long. Would 7 round mags with a magwell extension help curve the distance between the end of the frame and the end of the magazine? I would like a little bit of protrusion from the mag but not an inch and a half. I am essentially looking for a "close to flush" look. Functionality is my main goal as this will be my daily carrier. Thanks in advance for any help on the subject.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Welcome from IL, and congrats!

You chose well. The SIG Ultra Nitron is one of my favorite compact guns - it shoots like a full size and in 45acp. The VZ compact grips fit perfectly with the SIG Ultra and the Operator 2's are fantastic, here is my review:
http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/41690-1911-ultra-nitron-45acp-vz-grips.html

For 1911's, I ONLY use Wilson Combat magazines. I've never had problems with the SIG magazine, but I never use it. And I definitely don't touch Kimber magazines, haha. Here's a post of my 7, 8, and 10 round magazines. I don't think the 8 round sticks out that much at all, and the 10 round I used an adapter to convert the full size magazine to the compact.
http://sigtalk.com/guns/48836-best-carry-1911-a.html#post592528

Are you using full size magazines or compact magazines? You can use full size magazines in the compact, but you have to be careful and not slam the magazine to seat it, or it might damage the ejector. Or you can get an adapter like I did. I think you're looking for the 8 round officer's magazine
8 Round-Wilson Combat

Let me know if you'd like me to post any more pictures. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Congrats! I have the 2 tone and it sure is a great looking and performing .45

Reactions: Sigmike

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
625 Posts
The Ultra has become my favorite pistol, period. I put Hogue G10 grips on it but quickly put the oem panels back on. The aggressive G10 coupled with the sharp top end of the grips front checkering were just too much. Too uncomfortable and it caused quick wear of my t-shirts and old truck seat. After several 1911's of all sizes and many brands, I am unimpressed by the expensive culturally popular name brand mags and find oem fine enough.
I think adding a mag well extension takes the pistol out of the realm of proper concealability.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm very late to the 1911 party, getting my first last year just days after my son bought his Nightmare and had me shoot it. I had to go back and get the Ultra.
It's been awesome!

It's my favorite CCW by far.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
for magazines you have to pick the ones for Officer size, those a 7 rounds plastic base pads on the Wilson, I have the Colt Defender, same size frame and the Colt or Kimber mags are flush and still 7 rounds.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Welcome to a another Ultra owner. I sold my first one a couple of years ago (my avatar) and recently picked a Nitron. It shoots as good as my Colt Commander. I have the Sig mags plus Wilson and Chip. Both are good. As soon as my new holster gets here next month, it will be my winter carry.

·
Premium Member
39,150 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.