SIG Talk banner

Sig 1911 Carry Stainless - New Old-Stock

2015 12
I recently purchased a brand new (old-stock) Sig 1911 Carry Stainless. It was purchased from a gun store owner that had put it away for himself, but he had never even removed it from the box. When I got it is was still in the plastic bag with the Sig tag still on the grip. :cool:

I have owned several 1911s over the years, but mostly Colts. This is my first Sig Sauer, and so far I am very impressed with the quality (fit/finish)! I did a little research on this one. It was manufactured in March 2013. From what I can find, 2013 was the last catalog where the Carry Stainless model was offered. Personally, I prefer the more traditional look of the blued and stainless Government model 1911s. But this carry "Commander" version intrigues me! A little surprised Sig discontinued this model!

Sig1911CarryStainless1 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

SigSauerCarryResize4 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

SigSauerCarryResize1 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

SigSauerCarryResize2 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7,353 Posts
Man.....the more I look at that, the more I like it!
That's one SHARP 1911....
And Im very surprised Sig doesn't make this anymore.
I have a Stainless XO. This Carry model would compliment it.
Now Im prolly gonna start lookin for one lol...

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats very nice. Congratz
And welcome from North Carolina.
Man.....the more I look at that, the more I like it!
That's one SHARP 1911....
And Im very surprised Sig doesn't make this anymore.
I have a Stainless XO. This Carry model would compliment it.
Now Im prolly gonna start lookin for one lol...
Thanks sigke! I am partial to the stainless 1911s, so this one just fit into my "collection".

IMO they make some of the best 1911's for the money. I have sold all my 1911's other than my Sigs and Les Baer.
Other than my Colts, I own a Ruger SR1911 CMD that I did a few component upgrades to. It is also a lot of 1911 for the money. That quality gap is getting a lot narrower these days. I can't wait to put a lot of rounds down range through this Sig! :cool:

An excellent find, congratulations.
Thanks!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.