SIG Talk banner

Sig 1911 Carry Scorpion

2044 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  cb805
The stupid gun range has a store attached to it. LOL.......so of course when I finish shooting, I look at all they have to offer. Their is a certain 1911 Carry Scorpion that calls my name every time I walk buy the case. I have had it in my hands a couple of times, just feels perfectly balanced, points easy, sight picture is good, was worried about the shorter sight radius, (old eyes). Does anyone own or shoot one this one is in 45ACP. Any impressions of that gun.

Sorry meant to post this in the 1911 section.
Reactions: villedetwink
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
I too have been eyeing a Commander length 1911 for some time. My local gun store had the Scorpion Fastback on display and yes it felt very good. My neighbor has a half-dozen Ed Browns which I have shot. He spent more on one pistol than I did on my entire handgun collection. Ed Brown Spec Ops is a beautiful pistol but a form of unobtanium. The Sig is a good compromise, no....substitute. Most expensive handgun I have ever bought. Points well, easy to shoot and a high quality addition to my small collection.

Registered
Sure you can spend more $$ and get the Custom Shop gun's for thousands but the difference vs cost makes no sense at all. I had many handguns in my time all different brands and the Emperor Scorpion Fastback is my best shooting gun I ever had- I even sold most of my collection of revolvers and semi's because of it - why have so many when you can have one great gun - it's also my carry - don't want a safe queen either.

Attachments

Registered
I have the exact same Sig 1911s as PatFranklin...compact nickel and emperor scorpion. Both are great guns. I had a chance to shoot the carry scorpion a few weeks ago at the LGS/range's Sig Days. Wasn't disappointed at all...you'll be happy with purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.