SIG Talk banner

Sig 1911 357 sig - $680

959 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  RedRiver
I have not dealt with this dealer, but this is soooo tempting.

SIG SAUER 1911 XO 357SIG NIT/ERG 5 8+1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I have not dealt with this dealer, but this is soooo tempting.

SIG SAUER 1911 XO 357SIG NIT/ERG 5 8+1
I was bit by the SIG bug several years ago, joined the forum and did some posting. Have a decent number of SIG firearms but lost the bug after I bought a new 522 w/free floating forearm w/target barrel...out of the box it had a non-functioning extractor (the spring was too short, I fixed that myself rather than returning a brand new gun the day after I got it). Where was the SIG QA inspector on that rifle ? Took it to the range and it didn't shoot groups but patterns. Sent it back to SIG and got it back, clean bill of health, target included with nice group using CCI mini-Mags. Bought some of those and mounted a good quality scope and I am pleased with the gun now, SIG did nothing to the gun but at least they didn't charge me. Anyway it sorta soured me on obtaining anymore SIG products. I have moved on to Walthers but mostly CZs.

Anyway that was before Sunday evening. Somehow I got to the site in your link, I don't remember how. Sunday evening the price was $649.00, with shipping my order total was $663.00.

I am not a fan of the 1911 platform and you read my SIG story but I couldn't pass this deal up. I hope this purchase renews my faith in SIG firearms. I have read one very bad review of the XO (on a forum, he said his XO was manufactured in 2015, if I recall correctly) but everything else I read was positive but was also rather old 2012-13-ish. Did the quality of these delcline after their introduction ?

I paid with a personal check so I won't have it in my hands for a couple of weeks...Time will tell, I hope I am happy with the purchase. I do have a P226 chambered for .357 SIG so I don't have to add another caliber to my ammo stash.

I'll post once I get it and shot it, I hope it is a happy post !

· Premium Member
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was bit by the SIG bug several years ago, joined the forum and did some posting. Have a decent number of SIG firearms but lost the bug after I bought a new 522 w/free floating forearm w/target barrel...out of the box it had a non-functioning extractor (the spring was too short, I fixed that myself rather than returning a brand new gun the day after I got it). Where was the SIG QA inspector on that rifle ? Took it to the range and it didn't shoot groups but patterns. Sent it back to SIG and got it back, clean bill of health, target included with nice group using CCI mini-Mags. Bought some of those and mounted a good quality scope and I am pleased with the gun now, SIG did nothing to the gun but at least they didn't charge me. Anyway it sorta soured me on obtaining anymore SIG products. I have moved on to Walthers but mostly CZs.

Anyway that was before Sunday evening. Somehow I got to the site in your link, I don't remember how. Sunday evening the price was $649.00, with shipping my order total was $663.00.

I am not a fan of the 1911 platform and you read my SIG story but I couldn't pass this deal up. I hope this purchase renews my faith in SIG firearms. I have read one very bad review of the XO (on a forum, he said his XO was manufactured in 2015, if I recall correctly) but everything else I read was positive but was also rather old 2012-13-ish. Did the quality of these delcline after their introduction ?

I paid with a personal check so I won't have it in my hands for a couple of weeks...Time will tell, I hope I am happy with the purchase. I do have a P226 chambered for .357 SIG so I don't have to add another caliber to my ammo stash.

I'll post once I get it and shot it, I hope it is a happy post !
Look forward to the range report. I hope it is trouble-free. :D

· Registered
42 Posts
Have purchased 3 Sigs from them in recent months.. all deals were smooth.. Even added an extra magazine with the 938 Nightmare I received last week. They've become my new goto sight when shopping.. their sales are terrific and they negotiate with non sale items..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.