SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SIG's P220 may be an example of an original design that remains their best - Certainly, one of the best!!

From SIG's greatest model to the smallest - Here are my 220s with 10mm Nitron Elite at the top, Match Elite, Legion and Compact SAS. We luv 'em all!!

IMO, there's no better day than range time with these spunky ladies!!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Here is my very first SIG. Purchased in Sept. 1979. It is actually a Browning BDA 45 ACP. HK (1979) on the slide with heel mag release. It is 38 years old. Slide was nickel plated and adjustable rear sights added in 1980. The gunsmith that did the work then was a 1911 man. He almost refused to do the work on a foreign gun then. He was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy when he tried it at his range. I'll never get rid of this gun. I have 6 other SIGs since then but this one has sentimental value. It is as accurate today as it was when it left the West German factory. The only thing I added lately was new grips and an SRT kit. It made it even better.

Attachments

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,056 Posts
The "Before" and "After" of my '90 (KA) dated P220 I bought NIB in '90.

Made a few updates this past November/December timeframe...

I've been a .45 Fan for years, prior to the P220... it was 1911A1s...

Attachments

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,056 Posts
Here is my very first SIG. Purchased in Sept. 1979. It is actually a Browning BDA 45 ACP. HK (1979) on the slide with heel mag release. It is 38 years old. Slide was nickel plated and adjustable rear sights added in 1980. The gunsmith that did the work then was a 1911 man. He almost refused to do the work on a foreign gun then. He was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy when he tried it at his range. I'll never get rid of this gun. I have 6 other SIGs since then but this one has sentimental value. It is as accurate today as it was when it left the West German factory. The only thing I added lately was new grips and an SRT kit. It made it even better.
Has that got the Millet "Dual Rivet" style attached Front Sight? Since being that early, that was about the only way.

Nice early keepsake!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Has that got the Millet "Dual Rivet" style attached Front Sight? Since being that early, that was about the only way.

Nice early keepsake!
You are absolutely correct. You are very observant.
This thread is dating us. Next thing we will be guessing our ages young man. You get the prize.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOW - Nice 220s!! Great to see so many different versions from different time periods too. Obviously, there are a bunch of old-timers that are still looking good!!

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.