SIG Talk banner

Should I send my Legion in to sig for small chips in PVD finish

2702 45
Hello, I am new to the forum and have read everything on the Legion finish. However , I have not seen where anyone has actually sent there Legion back in for very small imperfections. I purchased brand new and in the not so well lit gun store the P229 looked great. Upon getting home I noticed some imperfections on the top of the beaver tail and a small chip just inside the hammer housing area. Sig has sent me a label and RMA # but the CS was very apprehensive and made it sound as if I was sending it in for no reason. So I guess has anyone actually had their Legion fixed for very small imperfections or fixed at all. Thank you everyone .
Reactions: DubfromGA and sigke
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ive just read a lot of horror stories and didn't want them not to just send it back. I saw the cerokote review guys legion and mine isn't anywhere near as bad as his. Guess Im worried about losing faith in one of my favorite manufacturers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I probably will. Was hoping to have some people jump in and say "Yea , send it back to them and they ll take great care of you! " Just was trying to get a gauge on how many if any sent theres back and to what extent things were done. But thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. If it were mine, I'd send it in. If purchased at a discount because it had factory blems in the finish.... a different matter. But if I purchased the firearm new I would expect it to be new and without problems. Good luck and greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pics of imperfections

Sorry if pics are not great. But like I said I didnt want to be petty but I thought the finish would be a lot more scratch resistant than it is. All of the damage was there when purchased and the lighting just made it hard to noticed. Not to mention the excitement. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea thats why I was kind of feeling petty but didnt want to miss my warranty window if the finish is good when applied correctly. I feel like all of my second hand nitron finishes are way stronger. Basically (analogy) I would shove a nitron finish in with a pocket full of keys. The pvd thats currently on I would be scared to death to holster in kydex.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.