SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a listing for a MCX SBR 9 inch 300 blackout for around $1500 bucks. Should I pounce on this offer or wait? What are common issues with MCX rifles, I hear their are problems with caliber exchange kits being available. Since I am thinking about buying this "new" MCX, I just need to "find" a MCX barrel of different caliber/length right?

Any links to threads or websites for first time/potential MCX buyers would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,905 Posts
I luv my MCX, and shooting with her 9" 300Blk setup is great fun. Funny that you would end your purchase question with the word 'now' though.

FYI, buying any SBR will require ATF approval on their Form 4 submittal. Those are currently taking about a year. So, you'll be sitting on your hands a long time and needing tremendous patience to buy that gun 'now'!!

Instead, you should consider buying a pistol version 'now', and perhaps do ATF's Form 1 build submittal if you'd like an SBR. That way, you'll enjoy your pistol while waiting on the ATF's approval...

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
As recommended, get a pistol version and shoot whatever length barrel you want. A recent ATF ruling purportedly allows shoulding the arm brace now (which is what I contended all along - that you can't redesign a weapon based on misuse of it). Anyways, you can supposedly own a shorter than 26" pistol without a tax stamp. Me, I SBR'ed my pistol because it's staying in my collection so it's moot to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I agree wit kilyung, go pistol, I did. Got the 11.5 inch 5.56 and just ordered the 9" 300 kit yesterday. I absolutely LOVE my MCX!!! I got lucky and got mine for $1550 a year ago, they keep going up!

I think there will be some SBR versions going on sale in the near future, because as kilyung said, the ATF now allows shouldering of the brace. So I'd look at it like this (atleast for now), spend more on the pistol-but shoot that day..... or save some $-but wait for ATF, and pay $200 stamp

I know what I'd do!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top