SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few times i have been to the range a majority of my shots are between 10 to 1 oclock.
Now as far as my shots being high , i figured it was of front sght alignment. I try to shoot with both eyes open but since i had eye surgery in thr 80''s i have a hard time focusing clearly with both eyes...
Any ideas.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
What size is your front sight? If it is a 8 you may want a 6...a touch taller...I am waiting on my 8 because I am shooting ~2 inches low consistantly

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a 8, i just received my new xray3 sights in today they are 8 aswell guess i can send those back and get a 6 n 8

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would have been nice, saved a little money.
May put these up for sale. Got a a good deal on them for 85.00

·
Registered
79 Posts
The last few times i have been to the range a majority of my shots are between 10 to 1 oclock.
Now as far as my shots being high , i figured it was of front sght alignment. I try to shoot with both eyes open but since i had eye surgery in thr 80''s i have a hard time focusing clearly with both eyes...
Any ideas.....
Try one eye shooting to get better focus and see if it helps. I have a hard time focusing on sights (presbyopia) but I can still hold a group anywhere on the target I pick at 10yds. 25yds starts getting sketchy. Slightly fuzzy sight on close target is easy, but the further further away you go makes your error bigger.

If that doesn't help try:

If the pistol has known/proven good sights then make sure you are only moving your trigger finger when squeezing off the shot and not involuntarily squeezing the middle and ring fingers also along with the trigger finger. This can cause and upward rotation or can cause the forearm muscles to contract and the wrist to rotate up slightly causing the shift.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Or, instead of all this sight switching around stuff, plan on shooting any bad guys in the gonads and you'll nail 'em center mass . . . or get lucky (or accurate) and totally ruin their day. :)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Seriously, has anyone else shot the gun to confirm whether it's the shooter or the gun?
If it's just you and you're shooting high you are probably 'heeling' the gun which means you're squeezing it too hard, anticipating the shot and pushing muzzle up with your palms.
Try a higher grip, less squeeze on gun, straight trigger pull.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts