SIG Talk banner

Shooter's Choice FP-10?

1923 7
Hi all, anyone using this on your Sigs (or other semi-autos) as your preferred CLP? How do you like it, or not? Received a recommendation from LGS owner who is a competition shooter with some very expensive, high performance firearms, and he has been using this stuff exclusively for many years.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Very good lubricant. I've used it on all my firearms for years.A little goes along way.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Acquired a 4 oz bottle of the FP-10 and proceeded to clean and lube three pistols with it. My initial impression is that it is a bit more substantial (i.e., thicker) than the Breakfree CLP I have been using. I was also surprised at the amount of carbon that it cleaned out of the bore of my P220 that I considered "clean and at the ready." I am pretty OCD about maintenance, but I guess all CLPs are not created equal. Clearly, a little goes a long way when doing your final lube. Will see how it performs this weekend. Looking to see that it stays in place (as best as can be expected), allows for smooth action, and hopefully reduces clean up time after now that I have primed the firearms with this product.

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
I haven't used it but its one of the three that Wilson Combat suggest to use on their 1911's. The others being Breakfree LP and their own Wilson Combat Ultima Oil which is thicker than the M-Pro7 and Miltec I have been using.

I like the Wilson Combat oil and thought about ordering more. I have only used Breakfree CLP never the LP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.