SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After renting just about every striker there is, my wife chose a Walther PPS M2. She's a lefty and that's what she's the most comfortable with. This is my wife's 1st automatic. She's a real Annie Oakly, better shot than me. She has shot revolvers all her adult life and wants to learn how to shoot an auto and apply for her CCL - in Texas it's called LTC - License To Carry. I'll order it for her this afternoon; it should get here by the end of the week.

I have a new respect for 9mm now after shooting several over the past couple of months. This will be the 1st 9mm I've ever bought.

·
Premium Member
16,898 Posts
After renting just about every striker there is, my wife chose a Walther PPS M2. .
If you were here in Clovis, I could recommend Rick Queener. He's handling my divorce and knows the quality of Sig...:p

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congrats to her- Beautiful single stack -

As a fellow lefty, she knows the mag release can't be swapped over correct? One of the things that bothered me and keeps me from getting one (along with the Shield), I either like a swappable mag release button or the paddle style like the HK's personally, 1911's are a different story -

However I'm sure if she trains with it its no issue, it is a righty's world after all

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Sounds like she explored her options and made a reasonable choice. Nothing wrong with that weapon. Not MY personal choice, but the key word there is "choice" and she made a good one. I love it when people who are non shooters become shooters, AND I love it when women carry. Strong work on both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife fell in love with the P380 then decided that she wanted a 9mm and decided that the P99 would fit the bill perfectly... Well we never found one for sale new or used and she ended up buying an XDs chambered in 9mm. If I ever see a used P99 in good condition, I buying it, if for no other reason than the brownie point back! I'm sure your will love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my PPQ M2 & PPS M2, she at least chose a high-quality weapon!
That said, after owning a 226 I know now that I would prefer to EDC a double action for peace of mind. All great guns.

Reactions: Luckypup

·
Registered
54 Posts
The PPS M2 is a great pistol. I came from a Shield, CW9, XDS, Glock 43, P938, PPS M1, and Kimber Micro 9, in that order.

All are good in their own way. Some of those conceal better, but I'd rather have the more comfortable and better shooting pistol. I'm very pleased with how well I shoot the M2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.