SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a P6 that I had Sig clean and respring, added night sights, G10 grips, and a trigger job...

and then, during an episode of raging Sig-ness, I added a 229 E2 that I traded for on a really good deal. Both are great pistols but really similar in size, triggers (both are really, really slick) and, of course, the P6 is a single stack and the 229 double stack.

I wanna keep both but recognize they are so similar in size and function that it makes "good sense" to sell off one....to probably finance a Walther PPQ M1.

Hmmmm....writing this makes me wonder why I'd sell a perfectly good "real" gun for a plastic striker fired one.

I may have just answered my own question...but would like to hear opinions on both things: which to sell and PPQ vs 229 or P6.

And none of the three will be carry guns as my rotation includes Walther P99cAS, Sig 320sc, Shield, and S&W 640 Centenial. House gun is full-size Walther P99AS.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
you've got a lot of $$$ tied up in the single stack p6.

to me the 229 is more versatile with drop-in barrels for 40/357sig + 9mm capability too.

you have so much tied up in the p6, i'd say unload it but.....................i'd probably keep both & still get the ppq!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Get the PPQ if you wish, but do not sell handguns that you like to finance one that you think you MIGHT like. You will regret that (or I should say, "I always regret doing that").

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
With all the work that was done to the P6 I would never ever gonna get rid of her.
A P229 on the other hand can be replaced relatively inexpensive if you get a police trade in.
Also the multi caliber capability of the P229 is a big plus. If your P229 is a .40 or .357 - keep it.
I wouldn't trade a SIG P-Series for a polymer striker. I would save up the funds for the Walther if I really wanted one. If it's not holding up to your expectations you can always sell/trade it for something else.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Sell the P229. It is nothing special and can be replaced anytime.

Reactions: ray1970

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,632 Posts
Redcoat3340, I have to agree with the others, I think you would regret giving up either, for the PPQ. Unless you feel at a "great" disadvantage, with an 8 round magazine, and were determined to shed one of your Sigs, I'd release the P229, as they are still in production, and easier to "replace" should you regret this decision later.

Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: ronin11

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to close this out....

First, thanks for the input. It helped me decide that I couldn't decide and I'm keeping both. I've got too much into the P6 to get my money out of it and I really like it. Took the 229 out and realized it had an outstanding trigger. SA at 3.5 crisp pounds (with my cheap-a** spring gauge) and 8#s DA. Liked it so much I'm getting new sights for it -- some Dawsons.

As far as the PPQ is concerned....one of my LGSs has been bugging me about a Swede Lahti M40 I have....finally agreed to trade him for a PPQ 5" match. (I got the Lahti cheap on a hot hot deal; I do a lot of business there; he treats me well pricewise; and he's a real collector, not an "accumulator" like me; plus the Lahti was just gathering dust).

Again, thanks for the advice.....I might just be having a Sig-ness relapse.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well done.

Just to close this out....

First, thanks for the input. It helped me decide that I couldn't decide and I'm keeping both. I've got too much into the P6 to get my money out of it and I really like it. Took the 229 out and realized it had an outstanding trigger. SA at 3.5 crisp pounds (with my cheap-a** spring gauge) and 8#s DA. Liked it so much I'm getting new sights for it -- some Dawsons.

As far as the PPQ is concerned....one of my LGSs has been bugging me about a Swede Lahti M40 I have....finally agreed to trade him for a PPQ 5" match. (I got the Lahti cheap on a hot hot deal; I do a lot of business there; he treats me well pricewise; and he's a real collector, not an "accumulator" like me; plus the Lahti was just gathering dust).

Again, thanks for the advice.....I might just be having a Sig-ness relapse.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Or you could keep both and save up the money to buy the Walther PPQ, when you have all the cash put away. sounds like a win, win to me.;)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
only sell the P-6 if is to me, seriously I have a 239 and a 229 each serves a different purpose and I wouldn't sell or trade a DA/SA gun much less a Sig for an striker fired gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts