1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just reinforces what I've always planned on

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Shoot to wound, shoot to miss, shoot to get yourself shot--all the same thing, right?

Reactions: Thompson415

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Sure I would shoot to wound. I'd just be particular about the wounds occurring at COM.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Given the fact that there are people from all walks along the spectrum of self-defense with a firearm, I think this is a good video to bring more awareness. There are lots of folks who conduct on-line searches, who are not as well trained in these circles, as some of you experts, looking for more information on subjects like this, so do try to keep that in mind when making snide comments about something someone posted to help others.

I talk to scores of people who have no idea what to do in this arena, who actually believe the "humane" thing to do is to shoot to wound. They don't understand everything that goes into the humanity of self-defense, like keeping yourself alive for your family, etc., so any discussion on the subject is good.

To those of you who have commented, why not say why you shoot to stop, rather than making some backhanded attempt to slap the notion that someone would want to discuss the subject? I mean, did you just walk out of the clouds the firearms expert you are today, or did you have to learn some things over time? And we wonder sometimes why those who have never been around guns don't want to know anything about them...sometimes "gunners" can be snobs and jerks. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
To those of you who have commented, why not say why you shoot to stop, rather than making some backhanded attempt to slap the notion that someone would want to discuss the subject?

Cuz everyone be like elite tacticle alpha male sheepdog warrier :lol:

My goldfish is offended, but agrees :eek:

Attachments

Reactions: Mills and GCBHM

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Reactions: Edsel

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Reactions: GCBHM

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Only been saying this for 30 years. Shoot to stop them from what they were doing, when asked why you shot them the answer should be "I shoot to spot them from what they were doing". When asked why you shot them in the toe, ear, or heart the answer is the same.

Keep shooting until they stop doing what they were doing.

Good video but I wish he would not use any other terms.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Shoot to wound is something you typically hear from those who have never shot a pistol nor ever intend to shoot or own one but want to dictate to those of us who do how we should use a pistol for self defense. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not going to bother to watch the video or read any comments past the first page.

As stated (I'm sure), there is NO shoot to wound. Period.

IF you are justified in using deadly force in defense of your life or another, its already way past wounding. You shoot to stop the threat. Period. End of discussion.

Besides that, even if you could just shoot to "wound", how many people on this planet could perform that task in such a stressful situation? Remember, you cant hit any vital blood carrying arteries, AND have to be absolutely sure there is medical help what will get there in time so the subject doesn't die from that or even from shock. Are you that good? Cause after being injured from a bullet from your gun, they die.... It doesn't matter that you only tried to shoot a pinky toe off. lmao.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I always taught to hit center mass and that was the beginning and end of the training. I train on headshots at certain ranges just to add a little challenge but that is about it as far as it goes regarding straying from all the center mass training I've always done. I watched an urban tactics video a while back that talked about getting behind tires of high profile vehicles for cover and getting low and shooting sweeps at visible legs, feet etc on vehicle opposite side. I don't over think those types of tactics because it seems they are wounding before getting in a position to kill anyway. I have also never pulled my carry in an actual SD or HD situation but know what I'll be aiming for and just hope the repetitive training pays off. If they want to shoot to "wound" I hope they have an acceptable back up plan for missing.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
On the other end of that spectrum is the term "I shot to kill".

Bad juju right there. My buddy and his son took a class from and instructor who told them just that. I immediately corrected them on that statement, never, NEVER say I shot to kill. I couldn't believe my ears.

I told him and his son both (who took the class together), that if it ever comes down to a SD situation, you don't use that term, but rather I shot to stop the threat.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I always taught to hit center mass and that was the beginning and end of the training.
Aim for center mass. Where you hit is another matter altogether different b/c you cannot control what the other guy is going to do. You may fire five shots are the center mass and not hit once, and you may fire one shot and go straight through the heart. Either way, the objective should be to stop the threat regardless of whether or not it kills them.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I put shooting to wound in the same classification that I put warning shots and CCW badges in.
There are badges? Iron on, or stitch?

Reactions: JWA
1 - 20 of 34 Posts