SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Personally I stay away from CLP or anything that says bio-friendly. And not to be bone headed I tried a bunch of them, they didn't clean barrels worth a damn and I didn't they they lubricated any better. I'd ask them to make up their mind, are the a cleaner or a lubricant... I can see CLP being a protectant maybe for rinsing or wiping down though.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
I believe most of the bio-friendly is veggie based, not the best lube or protectant.

Use a bore cleaner like Hoppe's (or whatever), and use a good grease and oil, either petroleum or synthetic. (I use Super Lube synthetic grease and oil, as does TheSigArmorer). Sig is pushing Lucas grease and oil currently - but I suspect that more backroom deal than that being better than anything else out there, and in any case, Lucas marine wheel bearing grease is reputed to be the same stuff - just way cheaper.

Don't waste your money on botique "gun" products when regular grease and oil are superior to most. More important to keep it clean and lubed than what you use to do it, as long as it's a lubricant and not Crisco or coconut oil in a tiny tube with "GUN" on it.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
I use Brian's Slide Glide for grease on Rails, Barrel Lugs, and anything that needs high pressure long term luberication (Works on AR's too)

I use Break Free on most trigger parts (I use Brian's stuff on Transfer bars and frame fits)

It works.

·
Premium Member
18,514 Posts
I find Gunzilla to be an excellent cleaner, actually does a better job for me than No. 9. I use it merely as a cleaner, wiping off the excess, then apply lubricant, either grease or oil, depending on application. Gunzilla is vegetable based and practically odorless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.