SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may have seen the futility of my recent attempt to buy a C3. Well, today the money I didn't spend on the C3 was still burning a hole in my pocket, and I found a great deal on a full-size XO. Was able to shoot it this evening.

Very nice 1911. It has a set of aggressive VZ grips that really keep it fixed in your hand.

I feel good about this gun, but I may still keep looking for a commander sized. We'll see. For now, I'm happy with this one.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had some more extensive range time with it last night. Of course, all went well.

It's a very nice shooting gun. I had actually been a bit concerned the grips were too aggressive; they are much more tactile than other grips I've used. When just holding the gun, they felt a little much, and I was thinking about sanding them down a little.

But when shooting the gun, I don't notice any negative pressure or discomfort from the grips, so I think I'll keep them as-is. Overall, the gun was a real joy to shoot.

Shot it from 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, and 25 yards and went through a bunch range ammo. Also ran some HST through it. No hiccups at all.

I'll play with it a bit more and then get a full review up on my blog in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.