SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to my Sig rep this morning. I was going to order a Sig Pterodactyl. He told me Sig is out of the knife business.

From what I could research I believe Fox Cutlery USA was the manufacturer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Talked to my Sig rep this morning. I was going to order a Sig Pterodactyl. He told me Sig is out of the knife business.

From what I could research I believe Fox Cutlery USA was the manufacturer.

Sounds like Sig is getting out of the private-label knife business then.

Were you able to order the knife directly from Fox Cutlery?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fox cutlery

No, they don't have the same exact knife as the Sigs. But they are nice and high end. You may have also seen their t-shirts around town - FKU (Fox Knives USA)

I'll be saving my pennies for a spyderco auto now/next.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Microtech,Spiderco,and Benchmade in my opinion on the Auto's. I own all three and cherish them all. Microtech for precision build, Spyderco for the Blade and alloys used and Benchmade for the variety of styles and keeping prices in a range all can afford.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Too bad - does anyone know if this is really the case? Sometimes there's a production lag if there's a buyout, but the product starts going though the supply line before too long.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Sig knife , its battle knife , this is the nicest , best quality knife i own , i still cant figure out who makes it , blade says "SEKI JAPAN" so my first guess would be spyderco , but it looks nothing like a spyderco ,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking at the prices of most knives I have pretty much decided to stay with Condor products I might have to sharpen it when I first get it but none of them have disapointed me and I have never felt I have a inferior product.

·
Banned
53 Posts
I use the CRKT m16 series of knives for daily carry. When I am out in the bush, or have my tactical rig I rely on my Chris Reeve 7" Green Beret. Both are the best in class in my opinion.

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is an interesting move if Sig is also getting into the ammo business. Perhaps they are just orienting their business toward the more profitable venture?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive carried most of whats out there in 30 years in the Army. Benchmade, Buck, Kershaw. Im now carrying a Tiger striped ZT and I love it so much I bought 3 more. They're made by Kershaw in the US.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Benchmade sets the knife standard in my opinion if you want something really nice. From the material used to the mechanical features they are superior. I have a barrage 581 spring assist and it's quality.
Agreed. I have an Axis Flip that is by far my favorite knife. CRKT runs a close second, with Spyderco and Kershaw tied for third. I do have an SOG that I really like, high carbon, extremely thin and sharp, but it's far from Benchmade/CRKT quality. But Buck is still my goto "get dirty" knife. I keep the nice ones nice, and use inexpensive but still quality buck's, for fishing and cleaning deer. For fixed blades, I have never owned anything other than Buck or Kabar.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts