SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A P228R....

...yep, a factory-railed P228, all-German model. Was at a LGS/Range and did some browsing...something caught my eye. Looked like an older stamped-steel compact slide, but then on a railed/hooked triggerguard frame. At first I thought it was a franken-Sig (P229R frame and P228 slide), but then I remembered hearing about these. And sure enough it said on the original blue box "P228R-9". And for what seemed a pretty good price.

Not into the railed frame, but the rarity of the gun is tickling my Sig bone. Feel like I want to jump on it before someone else does.

P228 Sherpa
A P228R....

...yep, a factory-railed P228, all-German model. Was at a LGS/Range and did some browsing...something caught my eye. Looked like an older stamped-steel compact slide, but then on a railed/hooked triggerguard frame. At first I thought it was a franken-Sig (P229R frame and P228 slide), but then I remembered hearing about these. And sure enough it said on the original blue box "P228R-9". And for what seemed a pretty good price.

Not into the railed frame, but the rarity of the gun is tickling my Sig bone. Feel like I want to jump on it before someone else does.
Let me guess. Slide says, "Made In Germany", and frame, "Frame Made In Germany". Single serial number on frame. No German proof marks?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me guess. Slide says, "Made In Germany", and frame, "Frame Made In Germany". Single serial number on frame. No German proof marks?
It had an "M E" serial, but now tat I think about it, it did have the 'Sig Exeter' roll marks, so maybe assembled in US?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup...DE, and Sig NH roll marks.

I think I'm going to go for it.

Registered
Have a 228R plain(had choice at time of purchase years ago) no scratched out M11.
With that slide it balances nice even with rail,she's a keeper.

Wouldn't mind running across a German Hen's tooth 228R to keep plain Jane company.

Registered
So why can't I ever find a deal like that??? Its not like I don't already haunt the local shops, ranges and shows!!

Reactions: MoRivera
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.