SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a relatively new P229 SAS and P250 DAO, both in 9mm.

They're both about the same size.The 229 has SRT so I could possibly spray 16 shots a little faster with it, but I'm learning to shoot the 250 pretty well. I've learned to accurately pre-stage the 250's hammer drop and seem to flinch less and results in a tighter group than the 229.

I won't say one is 'better' than the other...just 'different'. If forced I might give a slight edge to the 229, but then I've been shooting it longer.

One just has to have the patience to learn to shoot the DAO. The trigger pull and crisp hammer drop is surprisingly close to the Colt Python's DA, 'cept the Python is balanced a bit better.

They're both equally accurate.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Sorry Folks. But I have to draw some line here.

You want SAO because of the Trigger. The clean, clear break that suddenly releases the round based on your muscle control. Sorry, but there is NO Transfer Bar system that will do that. Even the 1911 has a cumbersome 3 piece engagement between trigger, sear and hammer. minimum of 3 pieces.
The 1911 has a dual horseshoe which reaches Around both sides of the Magazine at the same time to engage the release for the sear which releases the hammer.

The 229 does not have this "blanced attack" of a dual lever against the sear because the transfer rod is on one side of the frame. Not both.

If you want REAL SAO operation, you have to go to a Revolver. Why, you ask? Because you have 2 pieces only involved in the Single action release. A hammer and a Trigger. They engage at a single point and the pressure to release is totally in control. Trade is able to be stated by stoning the Hammer or Sear. 2 pieces.
For the 1911 it is at least 3. For the SIG it is 4. For the CZ it is at least 4.
If you want SAO, do the revolver. If you want SA/DA, or DAO, you have other choices. Just remember the other choices involve more parts.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
What about the p226 sao? Is the p226 that much different than the p229?
Btw, my 226 sao x5 is better than any 1911 trigger Ive ever tried.
Grant it, I haven't tried them all, but the 226 single action only trigger is very,very good to say the least.
However, the single action trigger on a revolver is incredible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.