SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Samson vs Midwest Ind. sights?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  SigVol 
#1 ·
Hey guys.
I just got a Sig 556R and want to get iron sights as a backup to the red dot. Would you chose the Samson or Midwest Industries? Both look about the same to me. Thanks for your opinions. :)

#2 ·
I went ahead and got the Samson sights. OpticsPlanet had a 10% sale on the Samson and it ended up being $166 for front and rear set (front fits on the factory gas block, rear on the rail). It would have cost $210 + s/h for the Midwest. They both look solid with 6061 anodized aluminum and both are fold down (I will be using the red dot most of the time and don't want the sights getting in the way). When they get here I will post back and let you know how they do.

#5 ·
Here you go Twister:
The sights are solid built, the only bummer is that I was hoping I could flip the sights up and still use them through the Sig red dot, but I will have to remove the red dot to use the iron sights:mad:. I really don't anticipate needing the iron sights unless I get caught out somewhere and the red dot dies on me. I also love the T-POD G2 bipod/foregrip. It is very solid and functional.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.