SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the G-10 Extreme Hogue grips in aluminum for my W. German P226. I picked the brushed aluminum since the frame is all nickle, checkered for grip. On the website Hogue said it way take up to 6 weeks, it was more like 2. Feel is totally different but I like it, I did not measure it but the grip width is definitely noticeably smaller (still not small, it is a double stack 9...). Also the decocker has a noticeably smoother ride. The checkering feels great. Now it is a little more monotone, but I really like it. Here are a few pics for anyone on the fence about buying themselves a set. Two thumbs up from me.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Did you check out Optics Planet?

They sell Hogue grips for SIGs at a less cost than Hogue, and ship between 1-2 weeks.

Reactions: Dispo

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not check out Optics Planet. I see on their website they would have been a little cheaper through them. Will keep them on deck for the future, thanks. Hogue customer service was really good though, so I do not mind giving up the extra 15 bucks. A real human called me from Hogue to inform me my item was back ordered. She asked if I wished to swap out or or wait and gave me time frames. Nice to see some good customer service.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Now it is a little more monotone, but I really like it. Here are a few pics for anyone on the fence about buying themselves a set. Two thumbs up from me.
I like it, only upgrade at this point would be SS hex head grip screws - the final touch IMHO. Here's my P220ST with Hogue Aluminum grips and SS hex head grip screws. Had just finished a 4 day defensive handgun course at Front Sight and hadn't cleaned it up yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks awesome! I'm surprised the aluminum matches the nickel finish so well... it does not match the stainless steel models which always bothers me.

You mentioned that you still find the grips "not small". If the grip width is an issue, you can convert your WG P226 to the new E2 grip style by using the new style hammer strut/spring parts. The E2 design is not terribly fashionable, but they do significantly shrink the grip girth.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New grip screws are on the list. For me the width of the grip is just fine. I just noticed the difference right away especially with the decocker smoothing out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.