SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually got my hands on one of these yesterday, and I have to say WOW. I would NEVER spend this kind of money on a Glock, but I can definitely see why someone who wants a fantastic competition gun would. For a defense gun I think it would be insane to spend this much money on a "Glock". I mean it totally defeats the main purpose for buying a Glock, in my mind, which is to get an extremely reliable gun that does not break the bank, but at $2500 I would hate to lose it! :lol:

https://www.salientarmsinternational.com/products/glock-17-tier-1

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If you know "how to turn a screw" you can build your own. Here is one i did with a Timberwolf frame and an Adams Arms slide with a threaded barrel. The frame was $275.00 and the slide i paid $480.00.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you know "how to turn a screw" you can build your own. Here is one i did with a Timberwolf frame and an Adams Arms slide with a threaded barrel. The frame was $275.00 and the slide i paid $480.00.
I know, I was just putting this out there b/c, one, I think it's a very cool gun, and two, I think it is insane to pay that much for a Glock of any kind. :lol:

Reactions: Papa Sig

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I actually got my hands on one of these yesterday, and I have to say WOW. I would NEVER spend this kind of money on a Glock, but I can definitely see why someone who wants a fantastic competition gun would. For a defense gun I think it would be insane to spend this much money on a "Glock". I mean it totally defeats the main purpose for buying a Glock, in my mind, which is to get an extremely reliable gun that does not break the bank, but at $2500 I would hate to lose it! :lol:

https://www.salientarmsinternational.com/products/glock-17-tier-1
Did you get to shoot it?

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you get to shoot it?
No, but I sure would like to! The trigger is a very crisp 3lbs, and the take up is extremely short. I like the factory Glock trigger, and ordinarily, I don't like flat face triggers, but I have to admit I could get used to this one. Now I really don't care for the cut out slide, but I have given consideration to getting a threaded barrel. I would like to see the ban on suppressors lifted (where you don't have to obtain a license and pay through the nose to get one), and I am hopeful that piece of legislation will pass (b/c I believe it should be repealed altogether, along with the ATF and a host of other federal agencies), b/c I definitely see the added value of suppression, especially for home defense.

Reactions: Big Cape and hodge

·
Registered
248 Posts
I feel same way about big buck plastic pistols as I do about big buck battery operated watches. Sure their are some really nice ones, but I could never see spending the bucks that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.