SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, upon deep consideration, I decided to trade my new, and unfired, HK VP9 for another Glock 19 Gen4. I had Trijicon HD orange sights installed and got an extra G17 magazine in the deal to round out my current gun system of a primary carry Glock and a back up pistol in the same platform. I have so many Glock mags, and I wanted a secondary platform to serve as a dedicated house gun/back up should something ever happen to my primary. So, that agenda item has been completed. Truthfully, that is really what I intended to do when I bought the VP9, but my dealer got me! :lol: That's ok, though, bc we just traded things around and he was mad at me when we left (not really, but he didn't get any extra money out of me, so...). I'm thinking I will get one more Glock, or maybe two, before it's over; maybe a 17 and a 34, perhaps making the 34 a MOS gun.

On to the next venture! My next acquisition project will include two different pistol platforms and a solid AR-15. The HK VP9 and the HK VP9SK, and then the Sig Sauer P226 Legion (DA/SA), a W. German made P226, and a MK25. I believe this will fulfill my initial wish list for handguns. WRT the AR platform I have narrowed my selection down to two guns: the Colt M4 LE6920 (I have it on good authority prices on this gun will fall soon), or the S&W M&P15 1/7 twist gun. After that the only gun I will need to get is a good Rem 870 12ga, and this will complete my operational complement of firearms. Fun guns will vary, of course, but in terms of operational guns that I would press into service, this is my list. I have a plan! Now all I have to do is walk it out. Let us away! :lol:

Reactions: Cyanide971

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,632 Posts
Categorizing? "Justification"? Seriously GCBHM, unless there is a "Better Half" calling the shots, sounds like too much effort "planning"... Lol...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Great to have a plan. Since the HKVP9 is pretty high on the list....still.....not sure I would have sold it.....just adjusted the acquisition order a bit

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Don't know if you qualify for the Glock Blue Label program or not. If not, have you considered a membership to Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF)? Membership has a few benefits, one of which is the purchase of 1 Glock per year pricing at very close to Blue Label. MEMBERSHIP can be as little as $20/year, well worth the discount you receive on purchase. Since I see a Glock or two on your horizon, you might want to consider membership. With a new membership, you receive the discount card at the end of the year. Just received my latest card late last week. Now to decide how to use it - probably go toward a 36.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Categorizing? "Justification"? Seriously GCBHM, unless there is a "Better Half" calling the shots, sounds like too much effort "planning"... Lol...
Honestly, she really let's me do whatever I want...she's the most amazing woman I've ever met!

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great to have a plan. Since the HKVP9 is pretty high on the list....still.....not sure I would have sold it.....just adjusted the acquisition order a bit
I thought about it, and ultimately decided to get the back up gun so that I could settle that once and for all. It just made more sense to me, and I should have stuck to that plan instead of letting my LGS dealer distract me with the visions of sugar plums. :lol:

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know if you qualify for the Glock Blue Label program or not. If not, have you considered a membership to Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF)? Membership has a few benefits, one of which is the purchase of 1 Glock per year pricing at very close to Blue Label. MEMBERSHIP can be as little as $20/year, well worth the discount you receive on purchase. Since I see a Glock or two on your horizon, you might want to consider membership. With a new membership, you receive the discount card at the end of the year. Just received my latest card late last week. Now to decide how to use it - probably go toward a 36.
I get the blue label guns, but I did not know about the membership. I'll have to consider that. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some of us have to plan, since we cannot afford to have 'Too Many Non-Sigs to list' in our signature! ;)
Indeed! I have to plan since I do not have unlimited funds. Otherwise, I would have completed my stated plans by now. :D

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Honestly, she really let's me do whatever I want...she's the most amazing woman I've ever met!
My wife and I have an agreement. I have and buy guns.

Your list is very logical. I have two Glock 19 gen4s (normally one is edc) it has trijicon night sights and the other is a spare, a G17gen4 (bedside gun), a 26 gen4 for shorts and TShirt days. I have one big box full of Glock mags that interchange. The 870 is a must, I have two. The ARs are both good reliable guns you have to have at least one. I've also contemplated that VP9 and the SK version that's coming out. I just can't justify another completely different platform that would basically serve the same purpose as my Glocks. I'm only somewhat of a collector, most of my guns serve a real purpose. I like your plan, it sounds well thought out.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wife and I have an agreement. I have and buy guns.

Your list is very logical. I have two Glock 19 gen4s (normally one is edc) it has trijicon night sights and the other is a spare, a G17gen4 (bedside gun), a 26 gen4 for shorts and TShirt days. I have one big box full of Glock mags that interchange. The 870 is a must, I have two. The ARs are both good reliable guns you have to have at least one. I've also contemplated that VP9 and the SK version that's coming out. I just can't justify another completely different platform that would basically serve the same purpose as my Glocks. I'm only somewhat of a collector, most of my guns serve a real purpose. I like your plan, it sounds well thought out.
You and I must be kindred spirits b/c I read every bit of this as if I wrote it! :lol:

I agree ahunnit pacent...and it is actually the reason why I ended up trading the VP9 for another Glock. I love both guns, and I actually thought about just keeping the VP9 and buying the SK when it comes out, but I already have at least a dozen Glock magazines strewn about the house strategically, and I just couldn't justify buying and making another platform my primary system when I am so used to the Glock. Had the VP9 been available when I began with the Glock I may well be a dedicated HK guy, but as it stands, the Glock is my system.

I do indeed intend to get an 870 soon. I actually recently got rid of a Mossberg 590A1 due to a design flaw that the factory said they fixed, but didn't. So I'm an 870 man now. I'm a big systems guy. I like to have a planned program that I can employ without having to think about it. I am going about building my little system. :D

Reactions: animalhd1

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The 870 can't be beat imho. I've been a 870 guy all my life, never cared for the safety on the mossy. I currently have the 870 police and an older Wingmaster. Nothing feels as good as a Wingmaster in your hands. I'm always looking for the older Wingmasters I passed on a 1967 30" full the other day. It was a little to ruff imo for the $450 price tag. Pawn shop wouldn't take my offer of $300 which I thought was fair, considering restoration cost. I may stop back in a couple months and see if they still have it and will come down.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had an 870P and it was golden. I ended up trading it to get a gun for one of my kids, and to replace it I thought I'd try the Mossberg. It's a nice looking and feeling gun, but you can actually drop it on its side from about a foot off the ground and the loader arm pins will literally pop out of socket. They can be popped back in very easily, but you have to jiggle the sleeve a little until the pins pop back into place. But...if you don't see that and try to cycle the next round you will jam the gun. I can't abide that! The 870P is a solid gun, and I may get another one, but I would really prefer a 7+1 gun.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
There are aftermarket mag tubes as long as you want. I like the 18" barrel and don't want a mag tube sticking out past the barrel so 6+1 it is. Here's mine with surefire G2X in elzetta mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Considering HK has completely devalued the VP9 by flooding the market and failing to enforce any sort of pricing policy, this was a good swap. Dealer cost on VP9s is well below a gen 4 17 once you factor in all of the current programs. You can replace that thing at a fraction of the cost if you ever regret the decision. Nice move!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I had an 870P and it was golden. I ended up trading it to get a gun for one of my kids, and to replace it I thought I'd try the Mossberg. It's a nice looking and feeling gun, but you can actually drop it on its side from about a foot off the ground and the loader arm pins will literally pop out of socket. They can be popped back in very easily, but you have to jiggle the sleeve a little until the pins pop back into place. But...if you don't see that and try to cycle the next round you will jam the gun. I can't abide that! The 870P is a solid gun, and I may get another one, but I would really prefer a 7+1 gun.
You should have been at my favorite LGS (Larry's) last fall. He had a truck load of 870 Police trade ins. $199-$219. Come to think of it ...I haven't paid much more than $200 for any of my 870s. Never get in a hurry and shop around. Make the seller play your game.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts