SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen a number of posts about Safariland's website, and had similar issues navigating it myself. However, I am also 0 for 2 calling and speaking to actual people.

I called some time ago when I started looking for holsters about whether the 7 series had an open bottom or not to fit a pistol with a threaded barrel. I was assured they were not, so I kept looking. The 7TS I purchased for a 229 without threaded barrel arrived yesterday as does have an open bottom that looks like it would/could accommodate a TB. I call that the first miss.

The holster that arrived was the second miss, their website was unclear as to which of two holster models (7378-447-411 or 7378-474-411) would fit a Legion P229 9mm. So I called, and the rep I talked to assured me a "447 is what you want for that weapon". I hope she's wrong, because the pistol locks into the holster seemingly securely, but rattles around the slide quite a bit. Probably because it's fairly clearly labeled as being for a .40 pistol. I'll have to deal with return postage and reordered one that will hopefully fit.

I like Safariland's designs, because I don't think your trigger finger should be used on the release mechanism for a locking holster. However, finding which holster you need from them and what will work doesn't seem at all like an easy process.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
The .40 slide and the 9MM slide have different external measurements. (9MM is narrower)
Don't worry about the Rattle. Once it is in , it is locked secure and you don't really notice it when you carry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have several Safariland holsters for various pistols, all are top quality and function perfectly.

Sometimes you will have a particular pistol that they don't list a holster for, Sig 1911 TacOps with the Sig slide for example. They also don't list one for the traditional slide either, I have the Traditional slide.

I went to a local shop and tried holster made for other 1911s and found one my pistol fit, wrote down the complete model number and ordered the holster I wanted.

The middle three (or four) numbers on Safariland holsters will tell you which pistols it fits and is usually (not always) the same across holster models.

Hopefully you can find a local store that will let you try the holsters out to find the right one.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Keep trying customer service. I got through first time when I called. As mentioned, even though the online holster picker may not list your gun, a rep may tell you what holster you need. I had that problem with a level 3 for an MK25.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try Holsterops.com it's a division of safariland. I would say they know their stuff I called and talked to them about a leve II retention duty holster for the legion 226 SAO, its not a perfect fit as I had to mod it just a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.