SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is being put away due to lack of parts availability. I just picked up a Glock 17 to use until parts become available for my 320. I use my firearms pretty harshly, and use them for carry.

No I'm not getting rid of it. I'm impatient.

It's ridiculous the greedy pigs on Ebay and Armslist is trying to hock off grips for $150

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Glock 17 not exactly a conceal carry size handgun but if a glock grip floats your boat , so be it . Might buy a FNS if I had to buy onebut not a glock . Now you learned a valuable lesson . Buy a new firearm buy a small parts kit and extra springs and mags at the same time or no deal .

What they hecks wrong with that p229 you have ?? Sounds more like you just wanted a glock .

Since you failed to mention what you could not find for your p320 hard to help some one and I guess you checked with TopGunSupply since you mentioned grips were they even have a number of grips and other small parts . Never bought a single thing from ebay or armslist ether .
I just got a couple extra recoil assembles in I order a couple weeks ago for my p320c .

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I understand your ailment. I've gotten rid of many a gun I could not find accessories for, etc., which is one of the many reasons I carry a Glock 19.

·
Registered
261 Posts
What specifically are you looking for? I've had good luck going to Sig directly (via website or calling customer service).

Reactions: Mills

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
What parts does thou desire?
I have bought new carry size grips from SIG and Midway.
Mags from SIG, Midway , and Brownells, 17 and 21ers.
New sights from SIG.

Just saying...
Yea, I tend to agree with this. Aside from the 357 X-Change kit that I have given up on for the time being, I am finding anything and everything I need for the 320.

Edit: It's ok if you just wanted a Glock, we wont judge you too harshly....well, ok, maybe we will. :p

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would be lying if I said I didn't want a Glock 17. Despite my love/ hate relationship with Glock.

Sold the 229 to help pay rent. I work on Commission, and .40 prices rose where I live. I've been wanting to put it away as a safe queen for a while, but couldn't resist when someone offered a great price on it at a gun show.

Wanted Small Grips, can't find them. Everyone's backordered. I've been waiting for a month for them to be restocked wherever. Everytime I get an email notification that they're back in stock. It's sold out again on the websites. I ordered new extractor kits for myself and my girlfriend and going on 2 weeks waiting for them to ship. Contacted the company, and they're shipping out two new extractor kits. Like I Said, I'm impatient.
Sights I'm fine with mine, and installed night sights on my girlfriends' gun.

Why small grips? Well I've always shot better with the small grip on an SP2022, the E2 grips, and tried a small grip Compact size from a gun rental at a range. Shot better, and follow ups were faster. More comfortable for me. (But glock is bigger!) Yes, yes it is.

Glock 17 and P320c are almost the same size. So if you're ccwing a P320, you can conceal a G17. Regardless of the longer barrel on the 17.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
G19 is a fine gun, why did you chose that over the 229? I own both and view the 229 a bit different I guess.
A bit easier to conceal is what I have found with the same mfg IWB holster.
I am just courious is all. Again nothing against the g19, everyone has different tastes.
Edit. G17 = g19 in this post. My bad

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G19 is a fine gun, why did you chose that over the 229? I own both and view the 229 a bit different I guess.
A bit easier to conceal is what I have found with the same mfg IWB holster.
I am just courious is all. Again nothing against the g19, everyone has different tastes.
Edit. G17 = g19 in this post. My bad
All the police trade in 229 that fit my budget were .40's. I snagged this G17 for $280 after trading a bunch of useless junk I don't need for when I move.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Glock 17 and P320c are almost the same size. So if you're ccwing a P320, you can conceal a G17. Regardless of the longer barrel on the 17.

Just a heads up, the p320c conceals as well as a g19 - their actual grips are very similar. I rotate between a p320c, G19, and a CZ P10. The p10 is the hardest of the three to conceal while I have a hard time choosing between the p320c and g19.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Guess when you handled the p320c before buying you failed to notice the grip width and how it felt in the hand ?? I quess I could also say the P320c are almost the same size as a g19 to but its not like it matters here what you bought . Odd that most people that like glock like a p250 p320 medium grip to .

But since your a noted glock fan you might as well sell the p320c too and then you can get a another glock and pile on the accessories . HA

·
Registered
750 Posts
I held the 320 compact before buying it and knew I wanted the small grip right away. Silly me fore expecting Sig to actually have the parts available for a gun they sell as modular. Since the compact is only sold with a medium grip saying if you don't like the medium grip out of the box, don't buy the gun makes no sense. Now magazines are getting hard to find.
Small grip modules have not been available for over four months .

·
Registered
251 Posts
How do you use a gun harshly? I am prior military and currently LE and can't think of a use for a pistol that would be considered harsh unless your using it as a hammer to drive nails.

I have bought grip modules directly from Sig and a local Sig dealer and magazines from several sources. Sights are available from all the major sight manufacturers. I don't buy replacement parts for future use. When a part brakes or is not up to par like springs getting weak I go on line and find the parts and order them.

When I have a gun start to malfunction I put it up and carry another gun in its place till I can repair it. I find the #1 issue I have is weak springs do to heavy use. I have only shot out two barrels and had to replace them. They had many thousands of rounds through them. Had to replace a few other small parts but always found what I needed and was back up and running in less then a week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a P320c last week. Only has 200 rounds through it. Have already ordered a tactical light, Kydex holster, SigLites, two extra mags and a case of ammo. I've noticed that some of the grip modules are hard to find if you don't want medium or want a color, but I even found an FDE module in stock on one of the sites I went to. Can't remember which one. Certainly not the number of accessories available for a Glock, but I've been at this for a week and haven't come across anything I want that I can't find.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Sorry that you're carrying a glock....I'd just carry nothing at all.
????

I have to assume you're joking, otherwise that's a ridiculous statement.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
People here get pretty upset about Glocks! ????
Only when the fanboys show up and act like no other firearm is worthy of respect.

I try to be fair going the other way too, btw. I don't own any Glocks, but I'd feel completely comfortable with one if that's what I had to face the zombie apocalypse with. The platform has proven itself in every way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.