SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to hear some opinions/facts 'bout 3 S&W .22s and how they might compare to each other:

Model 46 in 7" with weight

and the new Victory.

I've got the 422....would love a 41 but would settle for the 46 and am wondering about the Victory

I don't shoot matches any more (eyes and "steady" aren't what they were) and I have a Sig 226 with a .22 conversion unit that works just fine.

But I'd be willing to ditch the 422 and replace it with a 46....but would like to hear some perspectives on these guys.

thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I can't speak to the Model 46, however I have owned a 422 and a Victory. The Victory is an excellent pistol for its price, and hands down a way better shooter than the 4" 422 I had. It is very accurate, and not too ammo sensitive, I shot a fair amount of standard and high velocity ammo through mine with maybe a total of 9 failures in about 2000 rounds, something I attribute to bad ammo rather than the gun. There was a period of about 1000 rounds that I did not clean the gun, adding only a small amount of lubrication occasionally, and it still functioned well, with no discernible loss of accuracy. I also really like the fiber optic sights it comes with, something you don't find as a stock feature on many other target pistols, and disassembly for cleaning is very easy. The Victory is also the pistol I used to start competing in steel plate matches, and walked away from my first match undefeated.

Really ultimately the decision is up to you in this case. All are decent pistols, and my experience with the 422 may be completely different than yours. If you would like to know what I would do in your shoes, depending on the condition and price of the model 46, I would probably take that over the other two, but you should know that I am attracted to the older S&Ws more than any other type of firearm. I should also disclose that I no longer own any of the above, as I have replaced the Victory with a S&W 617-6 ten shot revolver for competition and precision shooting, and like you, recently purchased a Sig P226 Classic 22 for range fun and practice. You may wonder why I traded the Victory for a revolver? It's just my personal preference, I am a DA revolver guy at heart.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a Victory and a Buck Mark and prefer the Browning. There is nothing wrong with the Victory and in fact it is a bit more reliable when dirty but the extractor (on mine at least) is welded to the frame. I've had broken extractors on other firearms and it worries me. That is my only complaint about the S&W. It seems a well made, reliable and fair value for the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.