SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I will be buying a P320, and I've narrowed it down to the rx compact, or the subcompact. I really like the non-rail look of the subcompact, but I think the Romeo could be fun too. I'm not sure about the idea of needing batteries for my gun, but I'm not 100% against it either. So while I understand only I can make the right decision for me, I would like to hear some thoughts/opinions on this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think the compact or compact RX will be more versatile. You wouldn't shoot the subcompact at the range for enjoyment, simply to ensure your carry ammo functioned. The compact/compact RX would be both a carry option, and at the same time be a hoot at the range.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think the compact or compact RX will be more versatile. You wouldn't shoot the subcompact at the range for enjoyment, simply to ensure your carry ammo functioned. The compact/compact RX would be both a carry option, and at the same time be a hoot at the range.

hey now, i shoot my subcompact at the range for enjoyment all the time!

but as far as the OP is concerned, i'd go with the RX Compact and then buy a subcompact grip module. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wow, those guns are so different I don't know how to go about suggesting which way to go. All I can say is I have a 9mm compact, a 9mm compact RX, but no sub compact. I have nothing against it, I just have other guns for that purpose.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Get the RX Compact and a Subcompact grip module and mag. You can do ANYTHING with that setup.

Edit: for reference, I have both. When I carry, it's almost always the Subcompact. The extra .3" on the slide length, which might not sound like a lot, jabs me where it hurts.

Reactions: Heathen

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I too would disagree. My EDC is a 320SC. I shoot it more often and with better groups than my Legions, X5 Scandic, 320 X5 and all other pistols I own.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
As mentioned by Dpeter85, get the compact RX w/subcompact grip. Whoever thinks the 320sc is not a fun gun to shoot at the range probably hasn't shot one before. :p

First pic is compact rx w/sc grip module, second is just the sc., Not much difference in length as you can see

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm completely sold on using a red dot. If they made one for the SC, only then would I consider a SC to carry.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too would disagree. My EDC is a 320SC. I shoot it more often and with better groups than my Legions, X5 Scandic, 320 X5 and all other pistols I own.
I would be very disappointed in those x5s then, something would have to change if they were mine.
Agreed. If I ever shot a sub better than my target/range/comp guns, I'm getting some new target/range/comp guns. IMO, a sub carry gun is not meant to get sweet groups with. Yank that sucker and fire as fast as possible. Keep doing that until you can manage to get them all in the black. Basically, train realistically. In a defensive situation you are going to grip and rip, not check to see how tight your group is.

·
Registered
481 Posts
In terms of carrying, the advantage of the SC grip on the compact slide would be to reduce printing. That's what has me buying the SC grip and mag for my compact. A little more weight than the complete subcompact, but longer barrel for a little more accuracy too. Can get a 12 round mag for SC too. As to the Romeo, I'll bet a little dremel work on a kydex holster could resolve that issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I second the going the RX route, especially if you do not have a red dot equipped pistol. My full size RX is the first red dot pistol I have owned or even shot. It doubled my effective accuracy range. (but then I have old eyes).

It is a bit different to learn to shoot a red dot and I present the gun differently than I used to and I continue to get better. I got the full size because I wanted it as a house gun. If the ****, I can always conceal it, but my typical EDC is a Walther PPS or sometimes a pocket carried Kahr PM9, I really do not have much need for an 'intermediate' size. Since I got my PM 9 in the early 2000's, I almost never carry anything other than a single stack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same argument with myself a couple weeks ago. I went with the rx and picked up a subcompact frame and mag. That's the beauty of the modular system; you can switch between higher capacity and more concealable but still have the Romeo.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The Romeo1 has a magnesium body to reduce weight. The battery cap needs exactly the correct screw driver bit to avoid damage. The tool SIG supplies is nylon junk! A good set of hollow ground screw drivers solves the problem. Specifically, the Chapman #26 bit is a perfect fit.

Loose battery caps fly off of the Romeo1. Over tighten and you have a dead device.

The battery the Romeo1 takes is the CR1632 which I cannot locate locally, but Amazon has plenty. If you get the RX, getting spares sent in advance would be a good idea.

The Romeo1 really helps my shooting, but so would a Trijicon RMR. SIG's red dot solution is cost effective, if you don't mind dealing with the batteries.

Bill

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Romeo1 has a magnesium body to reduce weight. The battery cap needs exactly the correct screw driver bit to avoid damage. The tool SIG supplies is nylon junk! A good set of hollow ground screw drivers solves the problem. Specifically, the Chapman #26 bit is a perfect fit.

Loose battery caps fly off of the Romeo1. Over tighten and you have a dead device.

The battery the Romeo1 takes is the CR1632 which I cannot locate locally, but Amazon has plenty. If you get the RX, getting spares sent in advance would be a good idea.

The Romeo1 really helps my shooting, but so would a Trijicon RMR. SIG's red dot solution is cost effective, if you don't mind dealing with the batteries.

Bill
got a batteries plus locally?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.